10 places in Europe where there are still no crowds of tourists.
British newspaper Daily Star has made a rating of 10 lesser-known European destinations. These picturesque towns and villages located far from large and the most popular among tourists cities.
Every “secret” place has its own flavor and charm.
1.Bolgheri is an Italian village in Tuscany. Here is a picturesque cypress alley along which is located the local wineries. The main purpose of the trip to Bolgheri, of course, is wine tasting and vineyard tours. There are many restaurants and wine bars, and wine selection is really impressive.
2. In the Montenegrin Kotor, tourists will long remember the beautiful coast of the Adriatic sea. Despite the fact that the wave of Europeans had already begun to cover this charming city, the beaches still have plenty of free space. Of the attractions of Kotor are the Old part of the city, which is included in the world heritage list of UNESCO.
3. On top of a hill in the Portuguese region of Alentejo marvão dominates the city. It was built in the XIII century around a Moorish castle. Most of the houses Marwan made in the same style – white walls and grey Windows.
4. French village Flavin-sur-Ozren cannot be called unknown. It is here that the shooting took place movie “Chocolate” with Juliette Binoche and johnny Depp. This place traces its history back to the eighth century. The village built around the Benedictine Abbey. From sights include the Church of the Holy cross, gates Portes-du-Val, the mansions of the XIII-XV centuries.
5. In the Czech Republic experts Daily Star suggest to visit Slavonice — a town located halfway from Prague to Vienna. The town was originated in the XIII century. There are only two squares, but there are many beautiful houses with rich pediments and sculptures. Slavonice love to draw Czech artists.
6. In Iceland there is an unusual hellnar. Here is still preserved fishing sheds, built XI century. Fishing is the main source of income for the local population even today. The city lives independently of the rest of the world, all at home Hellnar are covered and heated with its own hydroelectric power station.
7. To the North-East of Rome is another unknown to a wide range of tourists, the town of Norcia. This truffle capital of Italy. Its appearance reflects its name. Shops, hotels, and restaurants – all covered truffles. And everywhere allowed access with dogs. They are considered to be full-fledged residents, as help people in the search for truffles in the woods.
8. The picturesque fishing village of Sant MAV located in the South of England, close to the Corolla. Here you can not only buy fishing and fish specialties, but also just to relax. In addition, in Saint-MAV are the oldest bakeries.
9. Quiet and secluded vacation for those who will visit the island of Folegandros in Greece, next to the island of Santorini. Among the attractions worth noting Castro part of town, located on a steep cliff, the Church of the virgin, stalactite caves and the lighthouse.
10. Completing the top ten so-called secret places of the village of Viscri in Romania. This village along with the Church-fortress, Dating from the XII century, has recently become a world heritage site by UNESCO.
© 2017, z-news.link. All rights reserved.