So, friends — today will be a great and interesting post on an important topic — banned in the USSR, photographs of Stalin’s Gulag concentration camps. This topic was taboo in almost all the years of the Soviet Union in Stalin’s time it was silent. No one talked about the fact that all the “successes” of the Stalinist economy was based on slave-like forced labour of the people of the state for decades were sent to the camps for minor or even imperfect misdeeds — like to tell a joke out loud or admitted “wrong” thoughts about the Leader of the people.
If you look at the map of the shock of the new buildings of the first five — you’ll see that this map coincides with the map of Stalin’s Gulag concentration camps. Of course, in the Soviet years were silent about this — telling stories about “millions of members of the Komsomol-volunteers” who travel to the far Northern places, there to perish with a pickaxe. Until 1956 for the truth about Stalinist concentration camps could be sent to the same camp, and after 1956 (when it was debunked the cult of Stalin’s personality) it became inconvenient truth that scoops tried hard to conceal — but occasionally here and there in places of “Stalin’s five-year” people find the mountains of the frozen skeletons with the remnants of the camp offer for decayed jackets. These burials are no Telecom not considered in those years, and not in a hurry to explore and take into account right now.
Photographs of concentration camps of the Gulag is almost gone — there was only occasionally able to get people with cameras. Of course, the horror, they were not filmed to photographing only what was allowed, but still — each photo now the weight of gold. In today’s post we will look at a selection of photos of the Gulag, which was banned in the Soviet Union.
So in today’s post — forbidden photos of Stalin’s camps. Make sure you check out the article below, write your opinion in the comments, and of friends added do not forget. And telegram channel also subscribe)
02. Gulag prisoners on the construction of Belomorkanal. Photo of 1932. All of Stalin’s “economic miracles” was done in the hardest manual labor of the camp slaves in legal terms, the Soviet Union fell back in the days two thousand years ago — except that in the Soviet Union, slaves were not prisoners of war barbarians, and private citizens. According to official sources in the construction of Belomorkanal died 12800 people, informal sources put much higher figures.
03. Work on the construction of Transpolar railway — still one insane project of the Soviet Union, now became dear Ghost — every few kilometers which has one of the abandoned Stalin’s concentration camp, and for every ten metro — one corpse. The work was done without design estimates the forces of the 300,000 Gulag prisoners, tens of thousands of whom were killed — mostly on the so-called “Project 501” and “503 Construction”. Accurate data about the people who died there still — in modern Russia it’s not interesting, much more fun to blame the Americans and to carry flowers to the monument of Stalin.
04. Winter work of prisoners:
05. The summer work of the prisoners in the quarries:
06. Prisoners in the construction of the mine Yun-Yaga, 1937.
07. The construction of one of the camp barracks. Usually the barracks were built by the prisoners of wood, and the inside was not much different from the same barracks in a Nazi concentration camps, like Sachsenhausen — the inside was the same long rows of wooden bunks, which sleep sometimes two or three people.
08. Inside one of the camp barracks. The Nazis at the gates of their concentration camps wrote a terrible and humiliating inscription “Work makes you free”, and the Soviet Bolsheviks sculpted near Nar prisoners pennants with inscriptions “Work — a matter of honor, matter of fame” — what it is possible to read the middle to the point of shooting the pennant.
09. However, the inscription over the gate similar to the Nazis, the Bolsheviks, too, were doing in the photo below you can see the gate Vorkutlag with the inscription “work in the USSR — a matter of honor, matter of fame, matter of valor and heroism!”
10. Another photo taken in the camp barracks. It is possible to see the rude wooden bunks, each bunk which often slept for 2 or 3 people. In winter because of the cold, the prisoners slept in the same clothes in which he worked.
11. The camp building. In the background you can see the tower, which would sit guarding the local perimeter shooter with a submachine gun or a machine gun.
12. Also the build. The picture was taken from behind the perimeter, and in the picture you can see the mesh fence, woven from barbed wire. Barbed wire in the USSR had accumulated so much that in 1986 after the Chernobyl accident were able to quickly and quite quickly and easily isolate the perimeter of the exclusion Zone stretching for hundreds of kilometers.
13. On the territory of the concentration camps. Stone structure from the scarce brick to the right of the tower — most likely the cooler, in which water and 200-300 grams of bread a day were sent to particularly unruly prisoners, not wishing to be reconciled with concentration camp regulations. 1-2 weeks of life in the hole is guaranteed to provide a serious disease like pneumonia, and a month — guaranteed death.
14. Prisoners of Stalin’s camps wore uniforms with sewn on numbers them — in the picture you can see the prisoner Vorkutlag with stitched number on the hat, the pants and on the back. Most often, the room consisted of letters and numbers — the famous story of Solzhenitsyn “One day of Ivan Denisovich” was called first “Sch-854”, the concentration camp in the room of the protagonist.
15. Another Vorkutlag prisoners, male and female, with sewn on the clothes of concentration camp numbers:
16. And it’s Barack of one of Stalin’s Gulag concentration camps. As you know, the woman in the Soviet Union were given equal rights with men and so they are likewise thrown into the camp and attracted to the heavy work.
17. Inside the women’s barracks. In the center of the frame you can see the woman with the hat sewn on the concentration camp noperm “H-966”.
18. The approximate composition of the work of women prisoners. Laying of sleepers:
19. Work in the quarries. How many women in these works have perished, were maimed, has lost the ability to have children was not considered one… “But in America Abama blacks Lynch” — screams the lover of the USSR, and then runs onto the balcony to spit on the heads of those who are crooked will think about Stalin.
20. In addition to the women in the Gulag were also children. There was, first, “convicted as a young offender”, and secondly — the children of those whom the Soviet system is considered to be “enemies of the people”. About letters from children of the Gulag I told in detail here in this post.
21. Died a prisoner of Stalin’s camps, those who are “lucky” — after death, put a sign with a personal concentration camp number. The Soviet government would say to that forever robbed a man of his name, received at birth, and even after death he will lie under the camp room. Those who are less fortunate — just dumped in mass graves without any labels…
Why don’t people escaped from the Gulag? First- there was nowhere to run, around most often was empty steppes and forests of near-perpetual winter. Second — scoops, in the same way as the Nazis gave people false hope — say, work and all will be well. In fact, the Gulag system tried never to let the person who at least once caught in its paws — Varlam Shalamov added ten years in the camps for what he called Bunin “a great Russian writer”.
All the photos presented in the post, was banned in the Soviet Union. In the early years of Stalin’s camps, people still tried to lie about what is happening there — but the lie was so obvious that soon the topic is closed and not lifted until the beginning of Perestroika, 1987. The current Putin’s Russia in this regard is not much different from the scoop — in words like condemn Stalin’s repressions, but in fact reviving Stalin’s cult and trying to justify Stalin’s concentration camps…
Write in the comments what you think about all this, I wonder.
© 2019, z-news.link. All rights reserved.