The organization stressed that the security of OSCE observers carry the responsibility of “all parties”.
The OSCE launched an investigation into the tragic incident with the explosion the vehicle Special monitoring mission and the deaths of its employees and expects support in this work.
This was said by Secretary General of the organization Lamberto Zannier, told the correspondent of UKRINFORM’s headquarters in Vienna.
“The OSCE launched an investigation into the incident and expects the utmost cooperation with all stakeholders”, – said the Secretary General.
Zannier stressed that the security of OSCE observers carry the responsibility of “all parties” that the mission should enjoy the full support that we all need to protect observers from danger. Secretary-General shocked by this the first case of death of the member of the SMM during the execution of official tasks. “This terrible incident confirms the increasingly dangerous conditions of security in which the SMM monitors work every day,” he said.
Chairman of the OSCE, Austrian foreign Minister Sebastian Kurz also noticed that the mission “is too often hampered by threats, restriction of access, by deception or the destruction of its technical facilities” and called it “simply unacceptable”. Kurtz urged to carefully investigate the details of the tragedy, and all those with influence on the ground – to fulfill the obligation to guarantee the security of SMM.
As previously reported, on Sunday morning during the patrol in the near the village of Prishib, the area ORLO, a mine exploded under the car of the Special monitoring mission of the OSCE. Killed an American, two observers – citizens of Germany and the Czech Republic.
© 2017, z-news.link. All rights reserved.