Authoritative magazine “The Ring” introduced an updated rating of the best boxers in the world regardless of weight class.
On the top of the rankings for the first time in a long time there have been changes – Nicaraguan Roman Gonzalez last week sensationally lost to little-known Thais Srisaket COP Rugvica and lost the title of world champion under version WBC in the second Flyweight.
Drop Gonzalez made the American Andre ward the best fighter in the world regardless of weight category, which last year won a controversial victory over Sergey Kovalev and became champion WBA, WBO and IBF light heavyweight champion.
Ukrainian champion under version WBO in the second Featherweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko retained the sixth row. To improve its position two-time Olympic champion in case of victory over Jason Sosa (8 April in the US).
Top 10 ranking of the magazine “The Ring”:
1. Andre ward (USA, light heavyweight)
2. Sergey Kovalev (Russia, light heavyweight)
3. Gennady Golovkin (Kazakhstan, middle weight)
4. Roman Gonzalez (Nicaragua, the second lightest weight)
5. Terence Crawford (USA, the first Welterweight)
6. Vasyl Lomachenko (Ukraine, Featherweight)
7. Guillermo Rigondeaux (Cuba, the second Bantamweight)
8. Saul Alvarez (Mexico, middle weight)
9. Shinsuke Yamanaka (Japan Bantamweight)
10. Naoya Inoue (Japan, the second lightest weight)
© 2017, z-news.link. All rights reserved.