Saturday , August 24 2019
Home / Society / Called probable cause the freezing of the Deposit for the Eurovision song contest

Called probable cause the freezing of the Deposit for the Eurovision song contest

Названа возможная причина заморозки залога за ЕвровидениеUkrainian 15 million euros could have frozen in Switzerland because the claim Euronews.

The amount of 15 million euros, which Kiev has provided as security for the preparation and holding of “Eurovision-2017” , could be frozen in accounts in Switzerland in connection with the claim of the European news channel Euronews to the National public broadcasting company of Ukraine (NOTE). This DW said sources familiar with the situation.

In turn, the General Director of the channel Michael Peters (Michael Peters) in an interview with DW has not directly denied this information, having promised to comment on the situation “in due time”.

In 2014 the national television company of Ukraine (NTU) (NOTE is its successor) initiated the termination of cooperation with Euronews, which had earlier planned to start broadcasting in the Ukrainian language. After that, the channel demanded to collect from NTU penalty in the amount of 10.59 million euros. In October 2016, the Kyiv Economic court acknowledged the legitimacy of claims of a European company. NTU appealed the verdict in a higher court, but lost the case. In April 2017, the Kyiv appeal economic court left without changes a sentence of the Ukrainian court of first instance.

“The freezing of the funds is not associated with the Eurovision
The National public broadcasting company of Ukraine DW also said that, contrary to some Russian media, the European broadcasting Union (EBU) was not the initiator of funds into Swiss Bank accounts. According to estimates of the EBU song contest in Kiev was a success. The broadcaster has received an appropriate acknowledgement of thanks from the organization of public service broadcasters. “The procedure of seizure is not initiated by the European broadcasting Union and a third party, which we are trying to install”, – emphasized in a written response to the request of DW. In the EBU declined to comment.

On 22 June it became known that the Geneva office of debt enforcement initiated the blocking of the 15 million euros allocated as a guarantee of carrying out of “Eurovision”. In its official letter to the EBU, it did not call grounds for this step, and did not indicate who was behind this procedure. Soon after a number of Russian media claimed that the decision allegedly due to the improper organization of the song contest and ineligible to participate in the Russian contestant Yulia Samoilova.

© 2017, z-news.link. All rights reserved.

Check Also

“Elite” too multiplied and too much eats

The top seems to be came a cry: “Delegate import!”. Although GDP directly a team …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *