Dutch racer “Sunweb” Tom Dumoulin in the final ITT in Milan played three positions and won the prestigious three-week race.
Dumoulin was a little more than 29 miles to win back from Nair Quintana, 53 seconds. The Dutchman with the first meters began to reduce the gap from the captain of the “Movistar” and expected to beat him.
Dumoulin, became the first Dutch winner of a Grand tour since 1980. On the way to this victory rider “Sunweb” won two stages, and on the steep mountains did not allow Quintana, Nibali and companies to offset their huge advantage gained in the two time trials.
Giro d’italia-2017. The results of the twenty-first stage:
1. Jos van Emden (Netherlands Lotto NL-Jumbo) – 33,08
2. Tom Especially Dumoulin Can (Netherlands, Sunweb) – 0,15
3. Manuel Quinziato (Italy, BMC) and 0.27
4. Vasily Kirienko (Belarus, Sky) – 0,31
5. Joey Rosskopf (USA, BMC) – 0,35
Final overall standings:
1. Tom Dumoulin (Netherlands, Sunweb) – 90:34:54
2. Nair Quintana (Colombia, Movistar) – 0,31
3. Vincenzo Nibali (Italy, Bahrain-Merida) – 0,40
4. Thibaut Pinot (France, FDJ) – 1,17
5. Ilnur Zakarin (Russia, Katusha-Alpecin) – 1,56
Spanish rider Sky, Mikel Landa was the mountain king one-hundredth of the race, Fernando Gaviria from “Quick Step Floors” won in the sprint category, and Bob Jungels “Quick Step Floors” won the white Jersey best young rider of the Italian race.
© 2017, z-news.link. All rights reserved.