The Colombian rider “Movistar” Nair Quintana became the winner of the pilot of the 65-kilometer stage with three difficult climbs.
Quintana on the last climb of the highest category, together with Rafal Micah ran away from the group of generalstab and quickly caught up with intermediate leader Tanel of Kangert. The Colombian remained to relieve tired wheels for travel, he has no trouble. An added bonus for Quintana was the move to the fifth row in the overall standings.
The leader of the General standings Geraint Thomas one step closer to major victory in his career. At the 17th stage, the British increased the advantage over the nearest pursuer to 1 minute and 59 seconds. Tom Dumoulin bypassed Christopher froome, who in the last kilometers of the stage are faced with a crisis and lost to Thomas for almost a minute.
The results of the 17th stage:
1. Nair Quintana (Colombia, Movistar) – 2:Of 21.27
2. Dan Martin (Ireland, UAE-Emirates Team) – 0,28
3. Geraint Thomas (Great Britain, Sky) – 0,47
4. Primoz Roglic (Slovenia, LottoNL-Jumbo) – 0,52
5. Tom Dumoulin (Netherlands, Sunweb)
Overall standings after the 17th stage:
1. Geraint Thomas (Great Britain, Sky) – 70.34,11
2. Tom Dumoulin (Netherlands, Sunweb) – 1,59
3. Christopher Froome (UK, Sky) Was 2.31
4. Primoz Roglic (Slovenia, LottoNL-Jumbo) – 2,47
5. Nair Quintana (Colombia, Movistar) – 3,30
Tomorrow the Tour de France sprint stage with two mountains of the fourth category. The last climb is 19 km to the finish.
© 2018, z-news.link. All rights reserved.