In Paris, completed the 104th version of the legendary French race.
The final stage finish on the Champs Elysees hosted the classic scenario: Christopher froome congratulated each other and drank champagne while the peloton was looking forward to the upcoming holiday and enjoyed the beauty of Paris.
For a few tens of kilometers to the finish began attempts to escape from the main group. Rare daredevils predicted nothing happened. The last stage of the Tour de France to 2017 ended in a classic sprint champion of the Netherlands Dylan Groenewegen took advantage of a positional error Andrey Greipel which was too late rushed to the attack and failed for the third time in a row to win in Paris.
Results 21-th stage:
1. Dylan Groenewegen (Netherlands, Team LottoNL-Jumbo) – 2:Of 25.39
2. Andre Greipel (Germany, Lotto Soudal)
3. The Edvald Boisson Hagen (Norway, Dimension Data)
4. Nasser Boinne (France, Cofidis, Solutions Crédits)
5. Alexander Kristoff (Norway, Katusha-Alpecin)
Final overall standings:
1. Christopher Froome (UK, Sky) – 86:Of 20.55
2. Rigoberto Uran (Colombia, Cannondale-Drapac) – 0,54
3. Romain bardet (France, AG2R La Mondiale) – 2,20
4. Mikel Landa (Spain, Sky) – 2,21
5. Fabio Aru (Italy, Astana) – 3,05
120. Andriy Grivko (Ukraine, Astana) – 3:32,14
In the points category (green Jersey) after the withdrawal of Marcel Kittel competitors left the racer “Team Sunweb” by Michael Matthews. The best miner of the “Big loop” early became Warren Bargy (“Team Sunweb”), white Jersey best young rider went to Simon Yates (“Orica-Scott”), and the team classification was won by “Team Sky” led by Christopher Froome.
© 2017, z-news.link. All rights reserved.