The pilot “Mercedes” Lewis Hamilton for the fifth time won the home stage of the Formula 1 at the Silverstone circuit.
Hamilton confirmed his yesterday’s success in qualifying – the Briton on the way to the 57th career victory never came into a direct struggle for its position. Lewis became the third rider, who won the British Grand Prix five times. In 1967, succeeded Jim Clark, and in 1993, his fifth victory at Silverstone celebrated Alain Prost.
For Mercedes race at Albion was the ideal scenario – the second team driver Valtteri Bottas for a few laps to the finish line ahead of Sebastian Vettel, and then broke through and into second place.
Top 3 was closed by Kimi Raikkonen, who had to spend an extra pit stop because of problems with tires. Finn throughout the race was the second but barely missed a spot on the podium.
The leader of the season Sebastian Vettel has not been immune to problems with rubber. At the end of the race the German went for a pit stop and fell back from fourth position on the seventh. Now in the overall standings the leader of the “Ferrari” just one point ahead of Hamilton.
Grand Prix of great Britain. Race results:
1. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes AMG F1) — 1:37.212
2. Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes AMG F1) +14.063
3. Kimi Raikkonen (Scuderia Ferrari) +36.570
4. Max Verstappen (Red Bull Racing) +52.125
5. Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull Racing) +1:05.955
6. Nico Hulkenberg (Renault Sport F1) +1:08.109
7. Sebastian Vettel (Scuderia Ferrari) +1:33.989
8. Esteban Windows (Force India) +1 lap
9. Sergio Perez (Force India) +1 lap
10. Felipe Massa (Williams) +1 lap
11. Stoffel Vandorn (McLaren) +1 lap
12. Kevin Magnussen (Haas) +1 lap
13. Romain Grosjean (Haas) +1 lap
14. Marcus Ericsson (Sauber) +1 lap
15. Daniil Kvyat (Scuderia Toro Rosso) +1 lap
16. Lance Stroll (Williams) +1 lap
17. Pascal Wehrlein (Sauber) +1 lap
© 2017, z-news.link. All rights reserved.