Titled Slovak Sprinter Peter Sagan won the second stage of the 105th version of the Tour de France.
Due to blockage in the last kilometers of the race in the finish group are unable to participate, the winner of the first stage Fernando Gaviria and German Marcel Kittel. Sagan attacked with 200 meters to go and managed a few inches ahead of Frenchman Arnaud Demare.
Sagan won the ninth victory in the Tour de France and became the new holder of the yellow Jersey of overall leader. Nearest rival Slovakia is ahead by 6 seconds.
The results of the second stage:
1. Peter Sagan (Slovakia and BORA – hansgrohe) – 4:06,37
2. Sonny Solbrille (Italy, Bahrain Merida)
3. Demar Arnaud (France, Groupama – FDJ)
4. Andre Greipel (Germany, Lotto Soudal)
5. Alexander Kristoff (Norway, UAE-Emirates Team)
Overall standings after the second stage:
1. Peter Sagan (Slovakia and BORA – hansgrohe) – 8:29.53 is
2. Fernando Gaviria (Columbia, Quick-Step Floors) – 0,06
3. Sonny Solbrille (Italy, Bahrain Merida) – 0,10
4. Marcel Kittel (Germany, Katusha – Alpecin) And 0.12
5. Sylvain, Chavanel (France, Direct Energie) And 0.13
Tomorrow the Tour de France is a 35-kilometer team race with separate start with a length of 35.5 kilometer.
© 2018, paradox. All rights reserved.