1. To save a life. 2. To save the limb. 3. To save the function. In this sequence priorities when severe, ginepraia injury. First — human life. And to save the life you can sacrifice a lot. But if no threat to life we can save the leg or arm, we are saving and a leg, and arm. In parallel, understanding and thinking about how all of this will be saved to function. We can’t save the function without thinking about limbs. It is impossible to save the limb, sacrificing the life of the patient.
“Quarantine or freedom?”. “Quarantine or dignity?”. “Quarantine or prosperity?”. “Quarantine or Economics?”. I dare say that this is totally far-fetched alternatives (sorry, but “self-isolation”, I call it a quarantine. So honest). I think it all comes from the duality of thinking. There is only black. And there is only white. Without colors. Without halftones. But this is not so.
1. To save lives. 2. To save the family. 3. To save the economy. In that order priorities in the development of the epidemic.
1. Save lives — in this case quarantine. Nothing else mankind has not yet invented. We can argue about it, quarantine, stiffness. But it always quarantine.
2. To save the family (it is clear that individuals — young and old — all) is direct financial grants to people to save lives not wasting away from malnutrition. From stress. From the questions — what and how will I feed my family? To save from suicide. To save families — and indirect subsidies. The postponement (cancellation) of payments for housing (with housing subsidies from the budget). Deferral of loan payments, especially mortgage payments. Moreover, direct subsidies to people, saving families — and start the implementation of the third priority is the saving function. In our case it is
3. To save the economy. Revive relations “sales”. Business “revives”. Plus subsidies to business. Small and medium, first and foremost. Is the salvation of the economy as a whole. Who only from economists about this and never talked. Just who in the world hasn’t already done? Of the “big twenty” — so like everything. No?
We can’t save the function without thinking about limbs. It is impossible to save the limb, sacrificing the life of the patient. It is impossible to save lives, condemning people to hunger, not to save the family. It is impossible to save the family, not saving the economy, as sooner or later (probably sooner), money in the “pod” will end. But now they are. Right now they need.
1. To save lives. 2. To save the family. 3. To save the economy.
Other priorities now, no. People support you with the introduction of the quarantine. Helped to reduce the burden on the health care to stretch this load in time. Support now the life of people. It’s your turn.
Andrew Volna, a trauma surgeon
© 2020, paradox. All rights reserved.