Air travel was possible only for rich people.
In our modern world, flights seem to be something ordinary. But in 50 years of air travel phenomenon was still new and exciting. It was that Golden time when stewardesses carried the food in porcelain plates with metal Cutlery. We present you a digitized archive of Boeing, which shows how the flew 60 years ago.
1. In the 1950-ies, Douglas DC-6 was the most popular model of commercial plane.
2. The scheme of the cabin. There is even a bed.
3. The cabin was very spacious. To drown out the sound of the engines, the cabin was upholstered.
4. Note the spaciousness in the cabin and how much space between the seats.
5. In addition to folding chairs, there are beds in the place where now we store carry-on Luggage.
6. Sleeping places can be easily removed.
7. Night flying was, of course, more comfortable.
8. In some aircraft there was a rest area where passengers could just stretch my legs a rest from their chairs. It is a rest area in a Boeing 377 Stratocruiser.
9. This room was decorated in soft colours, which were meant to help the passengers eyes to adjust to the light from the Windows.
10. During the flight, passengers were offered books and magazines.
11. Passengers were provided comfortable seats with plenty of room in front to stretch your legs.
12. The crew cabin.
13. Flight attendants were working at a speed of 24 dishes in 18 minutes. All the food was stored in the refrigerator, covered with dry ice and heated in electric furnaces.
© 2017, paradox. All rights reserved.