Frenchman Thibaut Pinot became the winner of the mountain stage finish of the Vuelta on the rise of a special category.
To conquer Lagos de Covadonga length of 11.7 km with an average gradient of 7.6% Pinot started in the group of General classification favorites. Six kilometers from the finish the Frenchman threw himself into a solo attack – to respond to this attack could neither Yates nor Quintana, nor Valverde. Pinot won a stage at the Vuelta and joined the elite club riders won each of the three races of the Grand tour.
Briton Simon Yates defended the red Jersey of overall leader. Captain “Mitchelton-Scott” increased its advantage over Alejandro Valverde to 26 seconds, and the third is still Nair Quintana.
The results of the 15th stage:
1. Thibaut Pinot (France, Groupama – FDJ) – 5:01,49
2. Miguel Angel Lopez (Colombia, “Astana”) – 0,28
3. Simon Yates (Britain, Mitchelton-Scott) – 0,30
4. Alejandro Valverde (Spain, Movistar) – 0,32
3. Stephen Creswick (Netherlands, LottoNL-Jumbo)
1. Simon Yates (Britain, Mitchelton-Scott) – 64.13,33
2. Alejandro Valverde (Spain, Movistar) – 0,26
3. Nair Quintana (Colombia, Movistar) – 0,33
4. Miguel Angel Lopez (Colombia, “Astana”) – 0,43
5. Stephen Creswick (Netherlands, LottoNL-Jumbo) Is Of 1.43
Tomorrow the Vuelta last day, and on Tuesday the participants of the race will overcome the 32-kilometer race with a separate start.
© 2018, z-news.link. All rights reserved.