Rider Lotto Soudal Jelle Wallays became the winner of the 18th stage of the Spanish Vuelta.
Together with the Norwegian Sven Erik Bystrom and Dutch ETS the Ball Wallace organized the breakaway of the day. The trio broke up just over five kilometers from the finish, when Bustria and Wallis managed to lose the wheel bol. At that time, the core group, headed by Peter Sagan lagged behind the margin of almost 40 seconds.
The two leaders were close to lose the advantage, but Sagan and the other sprinters to the finish line still failed to overtake the fugitives. Valleys we walked past a competitor for the victory and had won the first stage race of the Grand tour.
In the General standings after the 18th stage without significant changes – Simon Yates ahead of Alejandro Valverde by 25 seconds.
The results of the 18th stage:
1. Jelle Wallays (Belgium, Lotto Soudal) – 3:57,03
2. Sven Erik Bystrom (Norway, UAE-Emirates Team)
3. Peter Sagan (Slovakia And Bora-Hansgrohe)
4. Elia Viviani (Italy, Quick-Step Floors)
5. Ivan Garcia Cortina (Spain, Merida Bahrain)
1. Simon Yates (Britain, Mitchelton-Scott) – 73:02,37
2. Alejandro Valverde (Spain, Movistar) – 0,25
3. Enric Mas (Spain, Quick-Step Floors) – 1,22
4. Miguel Angel Lopez (Colombia, “Astana”) – 1,36
5. Stephen Creswick (Netherlands, LottoNL-Jumbo) – 1,48
Tomorrow Vuelta stage finish on mount of the first category Col de La Rabassa the length of 17 kilometers with an average gradient of 7.2%.
© 2018, z-news.link. All rights reserved.