Completed the 13th stage of the 72nd version of the Spanish race.
In the day’s break on a flat stage left four riders – a group of fugitives led by experienced Belgian Thomas De Gendt had no chance of a successful outcome of its attack. Eight kilometers from the finish team, with all the sprinters, neutralized the gap.
In the final shot of “Quick Step” works wonders on Trentina di Matteo, but the Italian did not disappoint his team, issuing his third win in Vuelta-2017.
Christopher froome retained the 59-sekundy the gap on Vincenzo nibali. The third still is Esteban Chavez of “Orica-Scott”.
Results of 13th stage:
1. Matteo Trentin (Italy, Quick-Step Floors) — 4.25,13
2. Gianni Moscone (Italy, Sky)
3. Soren Kragh Andersen (Denmark, Sunweb)
4. Michael Schwarzmann (Germany, BORA – hansgrohe)
5. Tom Van Asbroek (Belgium, Cannondale-Drapac)
General classification after 13 stages:
1. Christopher Froome (UK, Sky) – 53.48,06
2. Vincenzo Nibali (Italy, Bahrain-Merida) And 0.59
3. Esteban Chaves (Colombia, Orica-Scott) – 2,13
4. Wilco, Kelderman (Netherlands, Sunweb) Is 2.23
5. David de La Cruz (Spain, Quick-Step Floors) – 2,16
See also: Vuelta-2017: Trentin scored a second victory in the race
Tomorrow Vuelta-2017 another mountain stage with a finish on the legendary climbs of the first category Sierra de La Pander.
© 2017 – 2019, paradox. All rights reserved.