Completed the 10th stage of the 72nd version of the Spanish race.
The day’s break on stage with the mountain of first category and the steep descent to the finish due to rainy weather formed only 75 kilometers from the finish. Forward leaving 18 people, including Matteo Trentina and Luis Leon Sanchez.
Gradually, the group of fugitives began to thin out, and the main mountain of the day, the Collado Bermejo detachment finally broke up into several groups. In the end, the list of contenders for the stage was reduced to two people from his companions in the breakaway managed to escape Matteo Trentino (Quick-Step Floors) and Jose Joaquin Rojas (Movistar). Finishing the alignment Trentin expected outplayed his Spanish opponent scored its second victory at the Vuelta-2017.
In the group of generalisimo stage was peaceful – Christopher froome retained the 36-second lead over closest pursuer.
The results of the tenth stage:
1. Matteo Trentin (Italy, Quick-Step Floors) – 3:Of 24.56
2. Jose Joaquin Rojas (Spain, Movistar)
3. Jaime Rawson (Spain, Caja Rural – Seguros RGA)
4. Janse van Rensburg (South Africa, Dimension Data)
5. Alexander Geniez (France, AG2R)
Overall standings after ten stages:
1. Christopher Froome (UK, Sky) – 40:12?44
2. Esteban Chaves (Colombia, Orica-Scott) – 0,36
3. Nicolas Roche (Ireland, BMC)
4. Vincenzo Nibali (Italy, Bahrain-Merida) – 1,17
5. TJ van Garderen (USA, BMC) to 1.27
Tomorrow Vuelta-2017 the hardest mountain stage sequential passage of the two peaks of the first category Alto de Malefic (13.2 km with an average gradient of 7.3%) and Kalar Alto (15.5 km with an average gradient of 5.9%).
© 2017 – 2019, z-news.link. All rights reserved.