Completed the fourth stage of the 72nd version of the Spanish stage race Cycling race.
At the fourth stage in the breakaway of the day left five people – over 70 km to go on the attack rushed Stefano Rossetto (Cofidis), leap supported only Diego Rubio (Caja Rural-Seguros RGA).
25 km to go the Duo of fugitives ahead of the main group for two minutes. Sprint time picked up the pace without any problems eliminated the remnants of the breakaway.
Long finish sprint was won by the Italian “Quick-Step” Matteo Trentin. This success has allowed the 28-year-old racing driver to become a winner of stages in all Grand tours – the Tour de France Trentin noted in 2013 and 2014, and the Giro d’italia, won last year.
The fourth stage:
1. Matteo Trentin (Italy, Quick-Step Quick-Step Floors) – 4:43,57
2. Juan Jose Lobato (Spain, LottoNL-Jumbo)
3. Tom Van Asbroek (Belgium, Cannondale-Drapac)
4. Eduard Teens (Belgium, Trek-Segafredo)
5. Jens Debyser (Belgium, Lotto Soudal)
Overall standings after the fourth stage:
1. Christopher Froome (UK, Sky) – 8:53,44
2. David de La Cruz (Spain, Quick-Step Floors) – 0,02
3. Nicolas Roche (Ireland, BMC)
4. TJ van Garderen (USA, BMC)
5. Vincenzo Nibali (Italy, Bahrain-Merida) – 0,10
On Wednesday at the Vuelta-2017 return to the mountains. The participants of the race for the 175 kilometers of the climb on the five peaks of the second and third categories. The finish of the stage is a short but steep climb, the third category of Alcossebre.
© 2017 – 2019, paradox. All rights reserved.