Completed the sixth stage of the 72nd version of the Spanish race.
Pole Tomasz Marczynski made it to the breakaway of the day, then, together with his compatriot Polanski and Spaniard Wt formed a new leadership formation.
Although the main group was seconds from the fugitives, they still managed to play the stage victory. Finishing the alignment of the two pole away from the Spaniard – turned out to be stronger Marcinski who scored his first victory on the Grand tour.
The main loser of the stage was the captain of the “BMC” TJ van Garderen – the American was the second in the overall standings, but the two fall dashed his hopes for a high place in the General classification.
The results of the sixth stage:
1. Tomas Marczynski (Poland, Lotto Soudal) – 4:47,02
2. Paul Polanski (Poland, Bora-Hansgrohe)
3. Enric Mas (Spain, Quick-Step Floors)
4. Luis Leon Sanchez (Spain, Astana) – 0,08
5. Ian Polanc (Slovenia, UAE-Emirates Team)
Overall standings after six stages:
1. Christopher Froome (UK, Sky) – 22.54,37
2. Esteban Chaves (Colombia, Orica-Scott) – 0,11
3. Nicolas Roche (Ireland, BMC) and 0.13
4. Vincenzo Nibali (Italy, Bahrain-Merida) Is 0,36
5. David de La Cruz (Spain, Quick-Step Floors) – 0,40
Tomorrow Vuelta-2017 the next mountain stage of the race, participants will overcome 207 kilometers with three points in the third category. High chances of success will be the separation, the relief does not preclude the attack from generalisimo.
© 2017 – 2019, z-news.link. All rights reserved.