In Spain is gaining momentum in the final season of a three-week stage race.
It’s not often that the stage of the Grand tour passed without interruption. Today at the Vuelta was not formed front group. However, teams have at their disposal a Sprinter, take advantage of this situation failed.
Two kilometers before the finish the surprise for major group has prepared a “Quick Step” – the Belgians went on the attack and threw the first position Yves Lampara, who had the strength for a powerful final push.
A bonus for Lampara, won a debut victory over the race of the Grand tour, became the leader’s Jersey of the General classification.
The results of the second stage:
1. Eve Lamper (Belgium, Quick-Step Floors) – 4:To 36.13
2. Matteo Trentin (Italy, Quick-Step Floors)
3. Adam Blythe (Britain, Aqua Blue Sport)
4. Eduard Teens (Belgium, Trek-Segafredo)
5. Sasha Modolo (Italy, UAE, Emirates Team)
Overall standings after the second stage:
1. Eve Lamper (Belgium, Quick-Step Floors) – 4:52,07
2. Matteo Trentin (Italy, Quick-Step Floors) – 0,01
3. Daniel OSS (Italy / BMC) – 0,03
4. TJ van Garderen (USA, BMC) – 0,17
5. Nicolas Roche (Ireland, BMC)
On Monday at the Vuelta-2017 the first mountain stage race – the participants of the Spanish race will overcome 158 kilometers with two vertices of the first category, a second category ascent and steep descent to the finish.
© 2017 – 2019, paradox. All rights reserved.