Completed the eighth stage of the 82nd version of the Spanish race.
Today’s stage with summit finish of the first category, the core group was again given at the mercy of separation. Forward leaving 21 people, and on the final mountain of the day the protagonist was Rafal Majka, a pole of “Bora-Hansgrohe” repeatedly attacked, but could not throw off the wheel of Julian Alaphilippe. In the final meters of the race, the French representative of the “Quick-Step Floors” expected confirmed his quality finishing spurt.
Among generalisimo another attack Christopher froome was able to maintain only Alberto Contador. The British almost three times increased advantage over the nearest pursuer – now in a minute from froome in the overall standings is just four riders.
The results of the eighth stage:
1. Julian Alagille (France, Quick Step Floors) — 4.37,55
2. Ian Polanc (Slovenia, UAE, Emirates Team) – 0,02
3. Rafal Majka (Poland, BORA — hansgrohe) — same time
4. Serge Pauwels (Belgium, Dimension Data) — 0,26
5. Nelson Oliveira (Portugal, Movistar) – 0,28
Overall standings after eight stages:
1. Christopher Froome (UK, Sky) – 27.46,51
2. Esteban Chaves (Colombia, Orica-Scott) – 0,28
3. Nicolas Roche (Ireland, BMC) – 0,41
4. Vincenzo Nibali (Italy, Bahrain-Merida) – 0,53
5. TJ van Garderen (USA, BMC) – 0,58
Tomorrow Vuelta-2017 another stage with summit finish of the first category. This time generalski will sort things out on the climb to Alto de Puig Lorence a duration of four kilometers with an average gradient of 9.1%.
© 2017 – 2019, z-news.link. All rights reserved.