One of the most famous cities.
Santa Barbara, probably one of the most famous cities on the West coast of the United States . The cause is the same series that was on national television almost 10 years in the 90-ies of the last century. Today I will show you what really is this small town.
Photos and text by Alexei Solomatin
1. We went from Los Angeles to San Francisco, and Santa Barbara was on our route. Some 150 km of good road from LA and we’re there.
Worth a little walk around the town as immediately catches the eye expensive houses and manicured streets:
2. The close proximity to Los Angeles, no fuss and incredibly mild climate make Santa Barbara the most attractive city for real estate purchase. Here year round comfortable weather with minimal rainfall. The average annual temperature in Santa Barbara is about 15. It is warmer than in the cooler San Francisco and a lot more pleasant than sweltering Los Angeles during the summer months. Often this place is called the American Riviera by analogy with the Cote d’azur.
The population of Santa Barbara is only about 100 thousand people. Provincial town at first glance.
3. Almost in the city centre and train station. A small building Dating back to 1905.
4. While we were walking in the area, arrived at the station the passenger train Los Angeles — San Francisco.
5. The two-story structure. Passengers at the station were very many. Apparently, it is popular W/e direction.
6. Generally, in the U.S., trains are unpopular. An excellent network of highways, cheap gasoline and affordable tickets make the train less attractive to travel around the country.
7. From the station go in direction of the coast:
9. Tall palm trees — the first sign that we are near the ocean.
10. The dolphins at the entrance to Oceanside pier:
11. Beach Santa Barbara:
12. City pier. There are various shops and cafes, as well as in Santa Monica or San Frnacisco.
14. Pacific coast:
17. Well, we’ll go one more an important place, Santa Barbara. On the way view the city:
18. Typical American street:
19. School bus:
20. On the way barely in time to catch the camera’s mansions:
21. Where are the fences? We have it all closed 3-meter fence out of sight.
22. Here we come to one of the main attractions of the city. The Mission Of St. Barbara:
In the late 18th — early 19th century Spaniards were in California, active missionary activity (of course with the aim of strengthening its influence in this area). For several decades they built 21 missions at a distance of about 48 kilometers from each other. Mission Santa Barbara was founded by the tenth in 1786. Now it is the most visited current among all the California missions. The city of Santa Barbara arose around this mission.
23. The mission is located in the upper part of the city:
25. This place was filmed the Intro to the eponymous series. Remember these arches?
28. In conclusion, I look at the city from height of bird’s flight of a drone:
29. That’s it!
© 2018, z-news.link. All rights reserved.