Upper Svaneti — Alpine valley in the upper reaches of the Inguri river in Northwest Georgia.
It is known for its architectural treasures and picturesque landscapes. Upper Svaneti was included in the list of world heritage of UNESCO.
Photography and text by Andrey Bortnikov
1. Go for ornate serpentine was terribly uncomfortable. And as I tried to enjoy our rally, I did not log in the usual state of tranquillity. And it wasn’t in the way. She was good.
2. We were lucky with the weather. The sun was shining and the asphalt was dry as a baby’s bottom. And the car was amazing, loud music erupted from the speakers and got directly in his ears, and the wheels are easily dragged us higher and higher to the famous Svan towers. The herd was in the mountain region! He’s just stunningly good! So good that I began to hate! Because you have to look at Svaneti, and on the road! And slow down the bluff to swallow the picturesque landscape camera! And then drive another few hundred meters and again to slow down, to photograph the mountains and hills! Then go a couple of hundred metres… And so on to Mestia! In General, the Upper Svaneti region of the hideously uncomfortable for motorists integramedica.
5. And here is the awkward cakes. Pellets are very large, and in Kubdari add a lot of meat. Than Svans think when you put a kilo of cheese in Khachapuri? I can’t eat at once! My indignation is no limit!
9. Some experienced warned us of the difficulties on the way to Mestia in the form of poor coverage and natural disasters. But we were lucky. On the route we met traffic problems, except for a couple mini-plots, where there was asphalt because of the fact that it was washed away by mudflow. But there are being worked the machinery, eliminating mountain mayhem.
On your way, we met a gas station. Hard to say what led to its abandonment. Quite possibly, the description in the village have become hostages of the stunning view of the glaciers of the Caucasus, he forgot about his intentions, leaving things not only filling stations, but the trailer and truck MAZ.
13. The longest period of our route was the site of a couple of kilometers from Mestia. He did not want to ride until I run out of memory cards in cameras. These Svan towers, the villagers harvest. Cows, conic, river, fields, meadows, forests, snow-capped peaks of the mountains… All of it required the attention of our eyes and viewfinders. We categorically do not be greedy.
© 2016, z-news.link. All rights reserved.