People are not saved.
As scientists report that currently in the sixth mass extinction of animals, it is important more than ever to pay attention to the impact we have on the environment. Continue to scroll down the page to find out what killed these 15 species.
1. Reef mozaichist rat, a small rodent, native to the Great Barrier reef, is considered the first species of mammals, destroyed by climate change.
2. In 2016, the last disappeared in the world Ecnomiohyla rabborum, a kind of tailless amphibians of the family of tree frogs.
3. According to folklore, the cat is a lighthouse Keeper by the name of Tibbles was responsible for the destruction of most of Stefanski shrub wrens. However, the report of the Ornithological society of New Zealand, it is assumed that he probably did not act alone.
4. Passenger pigeons once constituted 25 to 40% of the total number of birds in the United States, but it became extinct by 1914, mainly due to excessive hunting.
5. Lonesome George, the last known abingdoni tortoise of Pinta island, died in 2012. The view was destroyed in the 1800s by whalers.
6. On the flightless Razorbill hunted for centuries, before she disappeared in 1844.
7. The Japanese sea lion has not seen since the 1950s. Excessive hunting — the main reason for their extinction. They were also captured for circuses.
8. Found in the swamps of South Florida dark seaside Sparrow became extinct because of loss of habitat. When the area was flooded to eliminate the mosquito population near the Kennedy Space center, the sparrows nesting sites were destroyed. Loss of habitat was compounded when swamps were drained for the construction of a highway.
9. The Carolina parakeet, the only parrot native to the Eastern United States, was declared extinct in 1939. Deforestation and the demand for their feathers meant the death of these colorful birds.
10. Charles Darwin predicted the death of Falkland wolves in the 1830-ies. The dominance of Argentine settlers in the 1800-ies, and later American fur traders, meant that manual curious animal is very vulnerable.
11. Dutch settlers and their domestic cats, rats and pigs were responsible for the disappearance of the Dodo.
12. Last seen in the 1950-ies, the Caribbean monk seal was declared extinct in 2008. In addition to the fact that they were valued for their fur skins and fat, they also were caught to be sold to zoos and museums.
13. Archaeological evidence suggests that the North African hartebeests played an important role in the ancient world. They became extinct in the period 1940-ies and 1950-ies, when were killed the last surviving members of the subspecies. The remains of the North African Congo was excavated at archaeological sites in Egypt and the middle East, especially in Israel and Jordan, which suggests that animals played a significant role in the ancient world.
14. Last seen in 1924, a grey kangaroo were killed due to hunting and loss of habitat.
15. Vietnamese Javan Rhino was the second of three subspecies of Javan Rhino, which became extinct in the wild.
© 2018, z-news.link. All rights reserved.