The ex-striker Andriy Shevchenko entered the history of the English Premier League.
The portal “The Tomkins Times” published the list of the largest transfers of the championship of England in terms of 2017. On top of ranking Ukrainian striker Andriy Shevchenko, whom Chelsea in the summer of 2006 paid Milan £ 30.8 million or about 44 million euros.
If this transfer has taken place in 2017, “Milan” would be bailed out for their star striker nearly 138 million pounds, and Shevchenko would become the most expensive player in the history of the English Premier League.
Top 5 biggest transfers to the Premier League looks like this:
1. Andriy Shevchenko (from AC Milan to Chelsea) – 137,7 million pounds
2. Wayne Rooney (of “Everton” in “Manchester United”) – 136.8 million
3. Rio Ferdinand (from “Leeds” “Manchester United”) – 136,2 million
4. Michael Essien (Lyon to Chelsea) – 130,3 million
5. Didier Drogba (Marseille to Chelsea) – 121,6 million
Andriy Shevchenko due to injury was unable to play in Chelsea. For two seasons in England’s legendary Ukrainian striker played 77 matches and scored 22 goals.
© 2017, paradox. All rights reserved.