This place is not suitable for children.
We want to invite you once shrouded in mystery and mysticism, the place — to the amusement Park on lake Shawnee. This Park was built in Mercer County in West Virginia in 1926. However, with a picturesque place, where is fun rides were associated dark and tragic incident, which, according to local residents, greatly influenced further events occurred in the Park. We read the story of the cursed amusement Park.
1. In 1926 on the shore of a lake in West Virginia in Mercer County opened a Park called Amusement Park on Lake Shawnee. The land on which it was built in the XVIII century belonged to the Indians tribe Shawnee and there were graves of Indians. (Photo By Forsaken Fotos /Flickr.com).
2. On these lands 200 years ago there was a tragic event that led to the horrible death of children. On this story we will tell you about. (Photo: Dustin /Flickr.com).
3. At the end of the XVIII century in the County of Mercer began arriving white settlers. Among them was the family of clay (Clay), who settled there in 1775 and lived quietly until August 1783. (Photo By Forsaken Fotos /Flickr.com).
4. The head of the family Mitchell clay in one day of August 1783 with his three older sons went hunting. The farm was left to his wife and children. Two younger sons — Bartley and Ezekiel built a fence around the field, and daughter washing clothes in the river. Mrs. clay was in the house with the young children. That’s when unarmed children and attacked the Indians, who, probably in a few days staked out the clay family. (Photo: cathead77/Flickr.com).
5. The first was killed Bartley. The Indians took his scalp. One of the older daughters — Tabitha — seeing that the Indians want to kill her younger brother, Ezekiel, rushed to his aid. She managed to pull the knife from the hands of the attacker, but he snatched it from her and stabbed on the spot. The youngest daughter hid in the hut and saw the Indians leaving, taking along her brother Ezekiel. (Photo By Forsaken Fotos /Flickr.com).
6. When Mrs. clay realized that the Indians had gone, she dragged the bodies of their dead children in the house, and then together with the surviving children ran to the nearest neighbors for help. (Photo By Forsaken Fotos /Flickr.com).
7. The neighbor quickly notified the entire community about the attack and they went in pursuit of Indians to recover the stolen Ezekiel. Just at this time the head of the family Mitchell clay and his older sons returned from the hunt, they learned about the tragedy and went in search of his son and brother. (Photo By Forsaken Fotos /Flickr.com).
8. Only in the evening, they managed to locate the Indians. However, the attack on their camp they started only in the morning, killed two Indians, from behind which the brothers clay flayed and made her belts for sharpening blades of knives. The rest of the Indians escaped, taking with him a kidnapped Ezekiel. (Photo By Forsaken Fotos /Flickr.com).
9. Later Clay managed to find the Indians abandoned camp, where they found the burned body of his son and brother. Shortly after these events, the family left clay County Mercer. (Photo: Robert Hogue /Flickr.com).
10. The amusement Park at lake Shawnee in the early XX century built living nearby miners and their families. The Park had many rides: carousel, Ferris wheel and swings, and a swimming pool, dance hall and small eateries. (Photo By Forsaken Fotos /Flickr.com).
11. The current owner of the land, which is Lake Shawnee Amusement Park, claims that during its existence, the amusement Park has killed six children. Some locals say that sometimes there can be heard the laughter. (Photo: Photo: Dean Jeffrey /Flickr.com).
12. One girl killed in the Park, riding on the carousel. She was hit by a truck whose driver was moving backwards and did not notice the hanging swing. Another child drowned in the pool, shortly after the pool was filled with sand. (Photo: Dean Jeffrey /Flickr.com).
13. The first time the amusement Park was closed in 1966 to 1985. Then there was an enterprising businessman who decided to revive this place and earn on it. The amusement Park at lake Shawnee was reopened, but worked for only three years. In 1988 it was closed completely. The owner left some of the attractions that are in the land of the Shawnee Indians to this day. (Photo By Forsaken Fotos /Flickr.com).
See also: the Man had turned the forest into an amusement Park. Photo
14. Currently, the Park at lake Shawnee come only lovers of mystery and mysticism, which draws a gloomy view of rusty swings, Ferris wheel and carousel, as well as the collapsing box, which once sold tickets. More here love to come back believing in ghosts and other worlds tourists. (Photo By Forsaken Fotos /Flickr.com).
© 2016, z-news.link. All rights reserved.