Their creators have very ambitious plans.
The weirdest of these under construction buildings — a sign that the future is near and it will be very high and covered with glass. Don’t believe? See for yourself.
1. Royal tower
2. Royal tower, exceeding the tallest building in the world, “Burj Khalifa” in the United Arab Emirates, at 167 meters, is being built in Saudi Arabia and will be the first building on the planet, whose height is nearing kilometers. In the project for $ 1.2 billion, located in Jeddah, will house luxury condominiums, office space, an Observatory, a Four Seasons hotel and the world’s highest terrace on the 157th floor (still pretty far from the top of the building, by the way). The construction officially began last year, the building should be completed in 2019.
3. The Shanghai tower
4. The construction of a 121-storey Shanghai tower in China, worth 4.2 billion dollars, started in 1993, ended at the beginning of this year, and now are finishing work. Now it is the second tallest building in the world, but the official opening will be in 2015. However, millions of people have seen the picture opens from the top, thanks to the dizzying pictures and videos, made by the two Russian daredevils illegally climb to the summit last year, and became viral on the Internet. Multifunctional skyscraper consists of nine different vertical zones and is surrounded by a layer of transparent glass cover for protection from the weather and provide natural ventilation.
5. “Dubai Pearl”
6. Between designing artificial Islands in the shape of parts of the world, the largest Mall known to man, and of course the tallest building in the world, someone decided that Dubai should be a luxurious building, similar to a conventional residential building, ominously spreading legs. The 73-storey “Dubai pearl” with views of the Arabian Gulf started in 2009 and should be completed in 2016. the planned “inner city” are four towers connected by the bridge of heaven, and premium theatre of 1,800 seats, which will be held at the Dubai international film festival.
7. Agora Garden
8. In 2016, the Agora Garden Taipei, the building in the form of a double helix will be a compromise between the creations of mother nature and man. Tortuous 20-story luxury building is green in all senses of the word: the balconies on each floor will maintain the gardens and also includes embedded life-support systems, including solar panels and recycled rainwater.
9. World One
10. When the next year construction will be completed, the 117-storey skyscraper World One will be the tallest residential building on the planet and undoubtedly the tallest building in Mumbai, almost twice the 61-floored Imperial tower, now with the last title. World One will be home to some of the wealthiest residents of Mumbai and will include 300 luxury three – and four-room apartments (price starts from $ 1.5 million) with the design of the Studio “Armani/Casa” Giorgio Armani. Funny, but World One can not long keep the title of tallest building in Mumbai, as the Indian under-construction tower will have 126 floors.
11. The center for the study and research of oil king Abdullah (KARSARC)
12. Being the closest of all this list to the ground, but no less mind-blowing KARSARC in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, more like a villain lair of stories about James bond than a multinational non-profit center. Crystal-futuristic design — the brainchild of the iconic architect of Iraqi origin Zaha Hadid, which had based the design of interlocking hexagonal cells. The construction of the project began in 2009, and at the moment was completed only a steel frame, so it is unclear when the facility will be open.
13. Zhongnan center in Suzhou
14. Only recently in Suzhou, China, began construction of 730-meter 138-storey center, and he still has a long, very long way. But if pointy project worth $ 4.5 billion will be completed in accordance with the schedule in 2020, it will be the tallest building in China and third tallest building in the world. Tower with a hotel, offices and residential premises will be located close with an almost complete 69-storey skyscraper, “East Gate”, which, as noted repeatedly, like a huge pair of trousers.
15. Lotte World Tower
16. Significantly higher than all other buildings in Seoul, South Korea, on the horizon will soar 556-meter 123-storey skyscraper Lotte World Tower, when completed in 2016. The building will be located (bottom to top): shops, offices, apartments, hotels and observation deck at the top. It also significantly surpass the extraordinary pyramidal Ryugyong hotel in North Korea and will become the tallest building on the Korean Peninsula.
17. Mountain resort Dawang
18. Tired of hotels that do not soar gracefully between two rocks over an abandoned quarry and a lake? Chinese mountain resort Dawang will be waiting for you in 2016. Stretching 170 meters in length, the resort will include “ice world of entertainment”, an indoor ski complex, water Park and hanging gardens.
19. Hotel Songjiang
20. Obviously, this nezha among the rocks and lakes hotel — next on the list of places to stay high-class in China. As a mountain resort Dawang hotel Songjiang is a career, with located near Shanghai hotel will be built directly into the walls of the quarry, but the facade will drain the waterfall. Well, if you won’t be able to enjoy the view from one of the upper floors, go to the bottom — they will be under water.
© 2017, paradox. All rights reserved.