National Olympic Committee of Ukraine presented the list of candidates for the title of the best athletes in 2016.
The contenders for the title of “sportsman of the year in Ukraine”:
– Alexander Abramenko (winner of the world Cup and the winner of the Crystal Globe in freestyle skiing, ski acrobatics);
– Jean Belenus (silver Olympic medalist, European champion in Greco-Roman wrestling in the category up to 85 kg);
– Bohdan Bondarenko (bronze medalist in the high jump);
– Oleg Verniaiev (champion and silver Olympic medalist in gymnastics, the winner and silver medalist of the European championship);
– Sergey Kulish (silver Olympic medalist in shooting from an air rifle from a distance of 10 m);
– Sergey Semenov (bronze medalist of world Championships, winner of the Small Crystal globe in the individual races);
Pavel Timoshenko (silver Olympic medalist in the modern pentathlon);
Yuri Cheban (Olympic champion in Canoeing at the distance of 200m).
Contenders for the title of “sportswoman of the year in Ukraine”:
– Lyubov Basova (the champion of Europe on track in Carine);
– Irina Deha (the champion of Europe on weightlifting in the category up to 75 kg);
– Elena Kostevich (European champion in shooting, bronze medallist at the world Cup final);
Veronica Marchenko (European champion in archery in the individual and team Championships);
Natalia Prishchepa (the champion of Europe in run on 800 m);
Yulia Prokopchuk (European champion in diving from the 10 m tower);
– Anna Rizatdinova (bronze medalist, bronze medalist of European championship in rhythmic gymnastics);
– Olga Harlan (silver and bronze Olympic medalist in fencing on sabers in team and individual Championships, bronze medalist of the European championship in individual and team Championships).
To take part in the voting is possible from 6 to 15 February. Make your choice here and here.
We will remind, at the end of 2015, the year the national Olympic Committee said the biathlete Valentina Semerenko and fighter Jean Belenko.
© 2017, z-news.link. All rights reserved.