The driver of the “Quick-Step Floors” Julian Alaphilippe in the first mountain stage, opened the scoring for the French victories at the 105th version of the Tour de France.
Alfilip boldly attacked throughout the stage, dotted with three ascents of the highest and first categories. The Frenchman on the last climb walked away from the last passenger on-time and get a major victory in his career. A nice bonus for Alaphilippe became pea shirt leader of the mountain classification.
Another hero of the heavy mining of the stage was Greg van Avermat – winner of the yellow Jersey went into the lead and managed to develop his advantage in the General standings. After the tenth stage, the Belgian broke away from nearest rival by almost two and a half minutes.
The results of the tenth stage:
1. Julian Alaphilippe (France, Quick Step Floors) – 4:25,27
2. Inchausti Ion Izagirre (Spain, Merida Bahrain) – 1,34
3. Taaramae Reim (Estonia, Direct Energie) – 1,40
4. Greg van Avermat (Belgium, BMC) – 1,44
5. Serge Pauwels (Belgium, Dimension Data)
Overall standings after ten stages:
1. Greg van Avermat (Belgium, BMC) – 40.34,28
2. Geraint Thomas (Great Britain, Sky) – 2,22
3. Alejandro Valverde (Spain, Movistar) – 3,10
4. Jacob Fulsang (Kazakhstan, Astana) – 3,12
5. Bob Jungels (Netherlands, Quick Step Floors) – 3,20
Tomorrow the Tour de France mountain battles – the participants of the race will overcome two mountains in the highest category, and the finish point is on the mountain the first category with a length of 5.7 kilometers with an average gradient of 6.5%.
© 2018, z-news.link. All rights reserved.