Completed the 18th stage of the 104th version of the legendary French race.
Today’s stage was seen as the last opportunity for generalstab in the mountains to play the yellow Jersey. It was expected that Christopher froome will face fierce attacks of Romain bardet and Rigoberto Uran.
In the day’s break on a mountain stage left 54 people. The final mountain of the day the Col d Isora was the first to storm the Kazakh Alexey Lutsenko, but soon the universal benchmark was Darwin Tapuma who tried the independence day of Colombia to please compatriots.
Tapuma long been the leader until half a kilometer from the finish, he did not get the mountain king “Big loop” Warren Barge. The Frenchman survived the onslaught of generalstab and scored his second win at the Tour de France in 2017.
In the group of GC contenders alternately attacked froome, Barda and Landa. In the end, the main favorites of the race finished together. Again behind Fabio Aru, who lost on stage for almost a minute.
Three days before the end of the race everything is going to another victory for Christopher froome. Rigoberto Uran and Romain bardet is almost guaranteed a place on the podium.
The results of the 18th stage:
1. Warren Bargy (France, Team Sunweb) – 4:40,33
2. Darwin Tapuma (Colombia, UAE, Emirates Team) – 0,20
3. Romain bardet (France, AG2R La Mondiale)
4. Christopher Froome (UK, Sky)
5. Rigoberto Uran (Colombia, Cannondale-Drapac) – 0,22
Overall ranking after the 18th stage:
1. Christopher Froome (UK, Sky) – 78.08,19
2. Romain bardet (France, AG2R La Mondiale) – 0,23
3. Rigoberto Uran (Colombia, Cannondale-Drapac) – 0,29
4. Mikel Landa (Spain, Sky) – 1,36
5. Fabio Aru (Italy, Astana) – 1,55
Tomorrow the Tour de France to 2017 is the longest stage of the race. The participants of the race will overcome the 222,5 km with three mountains of third category and the finish line, the sprinters.
© 2017, z-news.link. All rights reserved.