The blogger has shown the poor urban areas of Pakistan.
Yes, incidentally, this country has nuclear weapons and it has the sixth largest army in the world. GDP grows serious pace.
The slums in which we now walk is quite a common phenomenon in Pakistan. They generally can be safely taken as a counterpart to our towns and satellite towns of large cities.
The people here live in huts built out of some boxes, twigs, pieces of plywood, smelly rags and very different stuff. Live in huge families and whole communities, Recalling the colorful giant anthill in a landfill. If you look at any Pakistani city from above — the Central areas will be surrounded by the same colorful nest-dump, which is across the country, tens of millions of residents. And live absolutely happily. In fact, just knowing that another life can exist.
Why I decided that happily ever after? And you’ll see for yourself by viewing the photos below.
Photography and text by Sergei Anashkevich
1. The slums in which we walk, are in Rawalpindi, the first capital of Pakistan, which today is a city of satellites, the present capital of Islamabad. The river in the photo, separates the huge blocks of slums from “decent” neighborhoods remaining on the right Bank of the river. Yes, that’s what you see on the right is “decent” neighborhoods in which people live, about which we can safely say that they have life in some degree failed, or they were lucky to be born in a relatively successful families.
2. But on the left side of the river is located blocks from the point of view of civilized man, living to name language does not turn. And so does not turn that be in our company girls, they would certainly have refused to go on the trail will shift shacks followed by women in bright headscarves…
3. The sight of foreigners, to meet immediately rushed a bunch of children curiously examining the strange people, probably reminding them or astronauts or aliens from another planet. Well, you know, one Lodygin with hair and fingers in rings, worth.
4. The main road in the slums is along the river and up the hill from it branch off the path, which is dotted with shacks.
6. “Aliens” are surprised not only children but also adults. Some of them literally freaking me out. They-the adults, the appearance of foreigners perceive differently. For them it is a blast.
7. People respond to us very differently. Someone like I said above, with astonishment, someone is wary, but most with curiosity and … warmth!
8. This guy saw us, he immediately woke his wife, called his son and tried to persuade us to take a picture of his son and put his picture on Facebook. Why? No one understood, because of all of his long speech we understood only the word “Facebook”.
9. Women bake cakes.
10. In front of them from the shack looks a mother with two daughters and invites you to come in for a visit. Here will refuse? We were going to ask for to see the life of people living here…
11. Here is the dwelling of ordinary Pakistani who has managed to be born “on the wrong Bank of the river”.
12. Surprised, but on the bed lay a gaming console. However, the kids call her “laptop”. Whether they just want to seem a little cooler, or they just don’t know how actually looks like a laptop…
13. Behind the house the household.yard. There’s a kitchen and Laundry room, and a warehouse of building materials for home repair. By the way, remember I said that people here live very happily? Look at their faces in the pictures. Noticed that most … smiling?
14. From all sides come running to us local residents and children. After half an hour walking around the slums, the news about the strange guests spread throughout the countryside around us begins to gather a crowd. Someone even offers a “treat”.
15. Right above the open battery of toilets. Where the drain goes, I think it is not necessary. In the river, as you know, dissolves all. Surprisingly, not all toilets are “closed”.
16. Those lucky enough to live a little away from the river, we have to solve the problems of sewage in a radical way — they are simply dug out trenches that lead from their toilets past the other huts to the river.
However, even it is not clear who are more fortunate — those who are forced to dig drains or those by whose houses are leaking these fragrant drainage systems.
17. But these people in the slums have a pool table!!!! That’s really where the explosion of the brain. And notice, he carefully covered with a cover to not sit down dust on the shelf…
18. And this … is a mosque. The usual slum mosque.
19. I was followed by a bunch of kids who kept asking to photograph them. In the end part of the walk passed in a mode of a Lion Boniface — with an honorary escort of dozens of children.
20. Boy launches a kite on the banks of the scenic river.
22. The father is raising children, not wanting to help him wash the dishes.
23. Children prefer to play…
24. Shower Here… no comments. I don’t even want to think where this flowing colored water.
25. On the outskirts of the slums. In the distance could be seen already a decent home.
26. Grandma something trying to tell us, but we did not understand a word…
27. The border of the slum area.
28. There, over the bridge, across the river is already civilization. Well, as a civilization… compared to the slums, of course. And so, to be honest, there is also ass. Just not so hopeless and full as here.
© 2017, paradox. All rights reserved.