Israel is a major center of caviar production.
Black caviar becoming international commodity. So, a few years ago the top three world exporters of sturgeon caviar became Israel.
Israel and caviar. Weird? Yes, but Israeli companies supply today sturgeon caviar in the United States, Europe and Russia. The creation of a special branch of fisheries — sturgeon breeding and obtaining of caviar — Israel obliged immigrants from Romania. In the 90s in kibbutz Dan, specializing in breeding different varieties of fish, they decided to grow trout and sturgeon.
1. The company was founded in 1992, when Yigal Ben-Zvi was brought from Russia fertilized eggs of sturgeon. In the photo: worker of the kibbutz holds the female sturgeon.
2. Now in several ponds of the kibbutz is home to more than 70 thousand sturgeon. The age of most of them — about 12 years. Each fish brings in about 2.5-3 kilograms of caviar. On the photo: water is ready to launch sturgeon.
3. Source material — fertilized eggs of sturgeon or fingerlings, received from the Astrakhan and other cities of the Caspian sea. Of them grew large sturgeon, and, using modern methods of ichthyology and fish breeding, have created such an amount that Israel has become an exporter of caviar, which is also called black caviar, under the name “caviar Galilee”. On the photo: indoor container for breeding of sturgeon.
4. The project invested 40 million shekels. The market is very promising, only for the last two years, sales of Israeli caviar abroad increased by 10 times.
5. The company “kaviar Ha-Galil” in 2010, the first sold abroad their eggs received during the year a profit of 15 million shekels — more than one-third invested for 10 years means. On the photo: to maintain freshness, the fish are placed in containers with ice.
6. Salman Marchaj, a fish farm worker in Israel: “Before you remove the eggs, all fish older than 8 years, we’re having a test. We need to make sure that the eggs matured. Stomach do a small incision and using a probe extract the eggs. Here we see the eggs less than three millimeters, we have to wait another six months. Releasing the fish back into the pool.” Photo: the biologists involved in the farm quality assurance calves.
7. The company has passed the most difficult stage of the formation of a population of female sturgeon to reach sexual maturity and start spawning. It takes 10-11 years. During this time, the world price of caviar has risen from 500 to 4000 dollars per kg. In the photo: stuffed fish washed thoroughly before removing from her eggs.
8. Israel is the only country in the world which, having no outlet to the Caspian sea, exports of sturgeon and black caviar.
9. Scientists surprised — in the Caspian sea sturgeon begins to “spawn” only with the attainment of 13-15 years — puberty. Apparently, the climate of Israel, and perhaps some technology that the Israelis did not disclose, has reduced this period to 3-4 years.
10. The main producers of caviar are Russia and Iran. The main poachers in the Caspian sea — the Russians and the Azerbaijanis. It was here, on his return from spawning from the Volga to the Caspian sea, the sturgeon population is significantly reduced. Another 10% is produced in southwestern France, in the Bordeaux valley rivers, where sturgeon come to spawn. In Iran, poaching severely punished. To Turkmenistan sturgeon barely reach.
11. Over the past 15 years the population of sturgeon in the Caspian sea has decreased by 40 times. Due to the environmental disaster, the price of a kilogram of black caviar on the world market has increased from 500 dollars to 5 thousand. The reason avalanche spike — a ban on sturgeon fishing in the Caspian sea basin, which produces 90% of all black caviar in the world. From 1 August 2007 in Russia for 10 years has imposed a ban on the production and sale of black caviar. Photo: black caviar closeup.
12. In the photo: employee of the kibbutz (on the right) takes out the eggs, and the second prepares it for packaging.
13. Black caviar actually has six colors. This Israeli — grained, bronze tint is one of the best on the planet.
14. Photo: thousands of small eggs, obtained from sturgeons.
15. On the photo: eggs seasoned with salt and carefully mix.
16. Russian term “salted” was transformed into the option Mallosol. The world’s experts on black gold that means “correct, higher grade”.
17. In Israel, the sturgeon, demand does not enjoy, and all because the sturgeon is a kosher fish. Have kosher needs to be scales. In the photo: worker of the kibbutz during the break.
18. Photo: kibbutz Director Yigal Ben Tzvi shows a jar of caviar one ounce (28 grams), which is $ 140.
19. Photo: kibbutz Director Yigal Ben Tzvi holds a young sturgeon from their farm.
20. Packing of caviar on the banks.
21. World-renowned chefs prepare an exclusive dinner for wealthy businessmen in Bangkok. On the table, of course, is the voluminous of the caviar.
22. Caviar is served on the Sundance Film Festival in Park city, USA.
23. Crackers in the form of figurines “Oscar” served with salmon and caviar during the annual gala reception on the occasion of the ceremony “Oscar” in Hollywood.
© 2016, z-news.link. All rights reserved.