The words that leave wounds.
These photos will make you feel awkward, even uncomfortable. But this project was not created for your mental comfort, and in order to make you think, ask yourself just one question. I feel the people who are subjected to verbal humiliation and insults? Can hurtful words and do not leave wounds on the body, but they leave unhealed wounds in the soul.
What would happen if hurtful words have left wounds on our body? Maybe if the people were treated to verbal abuse seriously. It is the hope of the author of the photo project called “Choice of weapon” (“Weapon of choice”), the photographer Richard Johnson.
1. The man in the photo chose the word “worthless” or worthless. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
The idea of the project was to create a visual representation of wounds on the body, which leaves the verbal violence. Make-up artists “made” the wounds on the bodies of the participants of the project and wrote the word chosen by each participant from a list proposed by the photographer, which they considered the most offensive and unfair.
2. On the body of this girl, the word “cunt”, which is a decent means “vagina”, and indecent, you know. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
“We called the project “weapon of Choice” because of the physical violence goes hand in hand with insults. Whether the offender uses physical or mental violence is his choice,” says Richard Johnson.
3. The boy chose the word “faggot” or gay. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
Before any strike offenders will first use offensive words to as much as possible to humiliate his victim.
4. Selected girl the word “pathetic” or pathetic. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
Children participating in the project were also confronted in your life with mental abuse, what they said during filming, which surprised not only the crew, but also some parents that were not aware of what is happening with their children.
5. The teenager chose the word “freak” or “ugly”. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
These pictures cause people to have strong emotional reactions, many feel uncomfortable, others say that by looking at them, seem to have become complicit in the violence.
6. The word on the body of the girl a “moron” or idiot, idiot. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
“While working on the project we learned that verbal abuse is a 3rd party — the executioner, the victim and the witness. Those witnesses who did not take any effort to stop the violence, in fact are accomplices,” says the photographer.
7. The man in the picture chose the word “nigger” or nigra. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
One of the participants of the project admitted that the child was a victim of mental and physical abuse. The scars on his body disappeared long ago, but the “wounds” left still.
8. The boy chose the word “dork” or a jerk. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
The author of the project himself was a victim of physical and emotional abuse.
9. The girl chose the word “spoiled” or tainted. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
The scars that leaves behind emotional violence, invisible, and victims of domestic violence often do not tell anyone about it.
10. The woman in the photo once said that she was “worse than trash”. She chose the word “trash” or garbage, garbage. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
11. Of all the hurtful words proposed by the photographer, the children-participants of the project chose as the most unjust and humiliating the word “fool” or “stupid”. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
12. The word “slut” or “whore” is not only insulting, but an accusation. A word that not only diminishes, but destroys the reputation of a girl or woman. Participating in the project, which once called such a word, with great difficulty told their stories. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
13. The boy in the picture considers the most offensive expression “little girl”. Isn’t it weird to be a girl — that must have been humiliating in the opinion of boys and men? Probably only for misogynists and those …let’s do without insults, who believes that the female gender is worse than men’s. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
The photographer said that all pictures will be donated to non-profit organizations that help victims of domestic and child abuse. “I hope that this will help to draw attention to this problem,” he says.
14. Docka chose an offensive word “dumb” or stupid. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
15. “Retard” or retard, retarded. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
16. This girl chose the word “bitch” or “bitch.” (Photo: Richard Johnson).
17. The expression is written in the hands of a girl “four eyes” or glasses. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
18. The word on the cheek of the boy “brat” or offspring. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
19. “Ugly” or ugly. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
20. “Idiot” or moron. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
21. “Fat” or fat, fat. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
22. “Useless” useless or worthless. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
23. “Coward” or a coward. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
24. “Disgrace” or embarrassment. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
25. “Mistake” or error. (Photo: Richard Johnson).
Sometimes even thrown in the hearts of hurtful words can leave an incurable wound in the hearts of people. Just remember this.
© 2016, z-news.link. All rights reserved.