Interesting place for fans of tourism.
For the real traveller it is not the number of places visited, and their quality. Agree to visit the South pole is much more honorable than, for example, to go to Paris. Our planet is already no white spots, but, nevertheless, still a lot of nooks and crannies that are inaccessible to most tourists.
No. 10. Easter Island, Chile
1. Easter island, or Rapa Nui belongs to Chile and is considered the most remote from the continent island on the planet (to the coast of Chile 3500 km).
2. April 5, 1722 by Dutch Explorer Jacob Roggeveen spotted on the horizon the island of Rapa Nui, and named it in honor of the great feast of Easter.
3. At the time of discovery of the island by the Dutch Admiral, the population of the island amounted to 2-3 thousand people After the event about the forgotten island for 50 years. And in 1770, the island was annexed by Spain.
4. The ancient culture of Easter island is shrouded in mystery and charm. The most famous symbol of Easter island — large statues of idols of stone. The Moai statues reach a height of 20 meters. They are made in the form of a head with torso.
5. The Moai statues were made in the period from 12th to 15th century, after this period, their production came to an abrupt halt. Why stop production of the Moai and where did the people who inhabited the island still remains a mystery.
No. 9. The Town Of La Rinconada, Peru
6. The city of La Rinconada is located in the Andes mountains in the permafrost zone at the altitude of 5100 meters above sea level. To get to the city very difficult. The temperature here is always below zero. There are no plants fit for human consumption. But because of the sparseness of the air, people quickly lose their strength.
7. La Rinconada was formed in the late 20th century as a small settlement of gold miners. From the plain offers magnificent scenery of mountain peaks, but when you get closer, the nose hits the smell of rotting waste industry.
8. The city’s population is 30 thousand, almost all of them are engaged in the production of gold ore in the caves. La Rinconada has the dubious reputation of the city for the poor and desperate people. Gold mining is carried out in appalling conditions, people salaries are not paid, they work for a percentage of the found gold, but not all and not always find it.
9. Life expectancy in the city — about 50 years. There are reasons: there is a lot of accidents, people live and work in poor conditions, ore emit mercury vapor.
No. 8. McMurdo Station, Antarctica
10. Antarctica is located at the bottom of the world, and is one of the most remote places on the planet. It is the only continent without indigenous people. Here, on the southern tip of Ross island, and the largest American research station, the largest human settlement, port, and named the capital of Antarctica — McMurdo station. Date of establishment: 16 February 1956, the Distance between McMurdo station and New Zealand — 3864 km away.
11. Here are more than 100 buildings we live and work 1258 people. Before the way to McMurdo took several months, but now the landing site to allow you to get to places much faster.
12. The station has many modern amenities — gyms, and even a Golf course.
No. 7. The Peninsula Of Cape York, Australia
13. Australia has a low population density and untouched natural beauty. The Peninsula of Cape York is located on the Northern tip of the continent, due to the inaccessibility of the area here is a huge space of virgin nature.
14. The population of the Peninsula — about 18 thousand people, most of whom are indigenous people. Kuip York is the largest station in the world, which is almost not affected by civilization.
15. The peninsular area 137 km2, the length from North to South — 600 km.
No. 6. Illoqqortoormiut, Greenland
16. The area of Greenland is the largest island in the world — 2 130 800 sq km and a population of 57 thousand people, which makes Greenland the most desolate inhabited island in the world.
17. The most remote place in all of Grandaddy is the town of Illoqqortoormiut. You can reach it by plane (only 2 times per week), by helicopter or by boat a few months a year. The population of the town Illoqqortoormiut — 452 people. The residents make a living by hunting polar bears, whales, and halibut.
18. Illoqqortoormiut was founded in 1925 by Einar Mikkelsen and 70 settlers from the ship “Gustav Holm”.
No. 5. The Kerguelen archipelago, Indian ocean
19. The Kerguelen archipelago belongs to France. Located island in the Indian ocean. Distance from the archipelago to Antarctica, 2000 km to Australia — 4800 km.
20. Island Kerguelen known as the “island of desolation”, there are no permanent residents. In the winter there are around 100 people employed in the fishing industry.
21. The archipelago was discovered by the French expedition in 1772. Called the group of Islands in honor of the leader of the expedition, whose name was Josef Yves de Kerguelen.
No. 4. Pitcairn island, Pacific ocean
22. Pitcairn island — the only possession Britain in the Pacific. Located Islands in the South Pacific ocean, bordering Polynesia.
One island 5 live. Pitcairn — the most sparsely populated area of the planet. The population of Pitcairn, 49 people, many of whom are descendants of the famous ship “bounty”.
23. In 1787, a three-masted merchant ship bounty went sailing in Tahiti with the purpose to buy seeds breadfruit to the plantations of Jamaica. In 1789, in Tahiti on the ship there was a riot. Fletcher Christian seized power and drove the ship’s captain, William Bligh. Fearing a punitive expedition, he and other apostates, and a few locals went on a desert island. Landed on Pitcairn island, burned the ship and founded a colony.
24. Today the descendants of those sailors are living through agriculture, fishing, and the sale very rare stamps to collectors. But even with modern transportation, it’s still one of the most isolated communities in the world. The island has no airstrip, and to get there from the mainland, you need to sail for about ten days.
No. 3. Alert, Canada
25. A unique village of Alert is in Canada is the northernmost settlement in the world. In the village is a few meteorological and research stations. The population of about 10 people.
26. In addition to the indigenous people here live 5 meteorologists and about 70 military. Year of construction — 1950. To the nearest town from the village of Alert — 3578 km.
27. Climatic conditions are severe enough in winter to minus 34 degrees Celsius. Temperature above zero here is only in July and August. Alert attractive for fans of extreme sports and naturalists. Summer Alert is very beautiful.
No. 2. The island of Tristan da Cunha, Atlantic ocean
28. The most remote inhabited island in the world Tristan da Cunha is located in the Atlantic ocean at a distance of 3200 km from the coast of South America, and 2700 km from the coast of South Africa. Tristan island is the largest and only inhabited island of the archipelago of Tristan da Cunha.
29. It is believed that the archipelago was discovered in 1506 by the Portuguese Tristan da Cunha, but he landed on the shores of the Islands. For the first time on the land Islands French sailors set foot in 1767.
30. From 1815 the island annexed by the United Kingdom. The archipelago of Tristan da Cunha was a strategic point for travel from Europe to the Indian ocean, until not opened Suez canal.
31. According to census 2016, it has a population of 267 people. All the inhabitants are descendants of the first settlers who arrived on the island between 1816 and 1908.
No. 1. Socotra Island, Yemen
32. Socotra island — one of the most beautiful and amazing places on the planet! The majority of the local flora and fauna (all terrestrial mollusks that live here, 90% of reptiles and one third of the plants) are endemic and not found in any place on Earth.
33. The island is part of the state of Yemen and is situated at a distance of 250 km from Africa and 350 km from the Arabian Peninsula. Huge biodiversity and white sand beaches — here is a brief description of this wonderful place.
34. For a long time Socotra was not available to naturalists, and now here come the scholars from all over the world. Ecotourism is one of the popular directions of development for Socotra. The island is famous for its unique exotic landscapes.
35. On Acorte are about 800 species of plants. According to scientists, the flora Socity is a unique heritage of ancient times have survived such species that are already extinct on the mainland. The most famous of them: the Dragon tree, Cucumber tree, giant Dorsten and desert rose (Adenium Sokotranum).
© 2017, z-news.link. All rights reserved.