East – a delicate matter.
Considering the vintage photos of this amazing, and at times frankly incomprehensible to the Europeans of the region, not just transported to the distant past and feel the history and culture of these amazing places, learn about people and customs.
1. View of Beirut from the roof of the American University
Horse-drawn carriage is one of the vehicles on city streets.
2. The Streets Of Beirut
Small shops, small artisans and traders, where they work and sell their products.
3. Square in downtown Beirut
4. Cafes in Beirut
5. Berdawni river near the town of Zahle
Along the river flowing down the slopes of mount Sanin, is the town of Zahle is one of the centers of intellectual and cultural life of Lebanon.
6. The port district of El-Mina in Tripoli
El-Mina is still one of the largest and most important ports of Lebanon.
7. Conca on the streets of Tripoli
The car this “tram” was powered by draft animals, in this case, mules.
8. Square tower Burj al-Saba in Tripoli
The lion tower took its name from the lions carved in bas-relief, which once was located above the entrance to the tower.
9. School in RAS El Matn
The pupils of Mr. Oliver.
10. Trader of sweets in Beirut
The city is particularly famous for its Oriental sweets and desserts.
11. The market in Beirut
Markets get their news and make deals.
12. Stevedores at the port of Beirut
The goods are delivered. Workers carry roofing material in the form of a clay trough plates.
13. Passengers on the Tripoli station of the Hejaz railway
The railroad operated for about twenty years, and then was destroyed during the First world war.
14. The horseman near the column Iaat
Presumably, the column height of 18 meters installed to mark the site of the ancient great battle.
15. The temple of Jupiter in Baalbek
Was destroyed by a powerful earthquake, after which there are only 6 columns at a height of 22 meters.
16. The small temple in Baalbek
Dedicated to Bacchus the God of wine and nature.
17. “Southern stone” in Baalbek a great career
This unit is the largest processed stone in the world.
18. Hospital Mission in the city of Ajloun
Nurses spend their free time in the living room.
19. View of Amman city
In ancient sources the city is mentioned under the name “Philadelphia”.
20. Station mA’an and the Hejaz railway
An important transport hub of the country located on the ancient Royal Road.
21. Armed young Bedouin at the Qasr al-Azraq
A young man with a lush thick wavy hair done in the style of Prince Absalom.
22. Training a hunting Falcon
The Bedouins used birds for hunting in the desert, to Supplement their diet with meat.
23. Bedouin women in traditional dress
The long black dress “Madruga and usaba” to cover the head, – are part of traditional clothing.
24. Bedouin woman in a headscarf
Rural women are wrapped head scarves to crisp, leaving the mind braided tresses.
25. The leader of the Druze, the city of Azraq
Dark clothes reflect both social and religious status.
26. Bedouin bride
According to ancient custom, the man never sees his future wife.
The Palestinian Electric Company was established by Pinchus Rutenberg in 1923.
28. Sultan Pasha al-Atrash in the town of Azraq
The legendary leader of the Druze movement, who led the Druze fight against the Ottoman Empire.
29. Historic photo
Sir Herbert Samuel is high Commissioner of Palestine, to the Emir Abdullah, sir Windows.
The camels carrying people and cargo over long distances.
© 2017, z-news.link. All rights reserved.