Responsibility for the attacks took the Islamist group “Dzhebhat Fatah al-sham”.
According to the latest data of the Syrian monitoring centre for human rights, resulting in double attacks in Damascus on 11 March, 74 people died and 43 pilgrims from Iraq, 20 representatives of the Pro-government forces and 11 bystanders.
Among the victims were eight children.
The Ministry of foreign Affairs of Iraq reported 40 dead in the attack, the citizens of the country.
The blast in the Central district of the Syrian capital, where many Shiite mausoleums, became one of the most serious terrorist attacks in Damascus. Victims of the attacks were mainly Shiite pilgrims from Iraq who intended to visit a local Shrine.
Responsibility for the attacks committed on 11 March in Damascus, took the Islamist group “Dzhebhat Fatah al-sham” (formerly “Front EN-Nusra” was associated with “al-Qaeda”) . Created by the group in January of this year, “Committee for the liberation of the Levant,” the statement, released on Sunday, March 12, noted that the attacks carried out by two suicide bombers and target were representatives of Pro-government and Pro-Iranian armed forces, reported the AP. These attacks was supposed to be a message to Iran, which supports the regime of Bashar al-Assad, said in a statement.
It is worth noting that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in an interview with Chinese media said earlier this month that he hoped to end the war on the territory of the country in the current year.
© 2017, paradox. All rights reserved.