Any gastroenterologist knows – in spring and autumn, the number of patients under his Cabinet dramatically increases.
What is gastritis?
Gastritis is an inflammation of the mucous membrane of the stomach. As a result of gastritis, impaired digestion and assimilation of food. The symptoms of this disease can be acute, can make itself felt only slight hints (stomach heaviness, bloating, discomfort in the left upper quadrant). The most striking symptoms of gastritis:
– pain in the epigastric region;
– loss of appetite;
– bad taste in the mouth;
– irregular bowel movements (constipation, diarrhea).
Why gastritis acute in the offseason?
Spring and fall are transitional periods between summer and winter. In the offseason, changing the mode of the day (day is shorter the night longer), diet (the diet becomes less fresh fruit and vegetables, preference for meat, cereals, pickles), says the doctor-gastroenterologist of the Institute of gerontology of AMS of Ukraine Larisa Kovalenko.
Becoming active cold, debilitating the immune system, worsen existing chronic diseases. Impact on the health status and emotional distress characteristic of autumn. Whether we like it or not, but the reduction of daylight affects our mood depressing, but practice shows that the emotional sphere is closely linked to the condition of the gastrointestinal tract.
So, a person living in a state of chronic stress, a chance to earn gastritis is much higher than that of those who apply to any problem philosophically. And all because during stress the blood is ejected a large number of adrenaline – a hormone that causes narrowing of blood vessels. As a result of deteriorating blood supply of the gastrointestinal tract, disturbed nutrition of the cells lining the stomach, some of them atrophies and dies, forming a zone of inflammation, that is gastritis. If this condition is not treated, over time the mucous membrane defects, erosion, and ulceration.
What to do?
To eliminate from your diet are the main irritants of the gastric mucosa: spirits, coffee and soda.
Not to keen on spicy seasonings, pickles, pickles, too hot or cold food.
Refuse chips, fast food, fast soups.
Avoid foods rich in crude fiber (raw Kale, apples, carrots).
To get rid of the habit of Smoking, especially on an empty stomach. Nicotine and other constituents of tobacco smoke damage the mucosa and slow down the processes of regeneration.
To stop uncontrolled taking medication. Even ordinary aspirin can harm your stomach.
More to chew your food.
Forget about diets, particularly strict and unbalanced, because any experimentation with food can lead to deficiency of protein, vitamins and minerals, without which normal regeneration of the mucous membranes of the stomach.
Twice a year (spring and fall) to pass the course of treatment with mineral water, preferably in Spa resorts.
After feeling unwell, should go on a diet, including boiled and steamed vegetables, fish, lean meats, liquid porridge, various soups, fruits with low content of fiber like bananas, overripe pear, baked apples without a peel, plums, peaches, seedless grapes.
Add sleep – proper rest helps to strengthen after a winter weakened immune system.
Avoid stress – it is to spend more time on the air, not to drink alcohol.
Got all warm, too cold and too hot food will only worsen the situation.
It is not excluded that the reason for the development of gastritis was not genetic predisposition or unhealthy lifestyle, and a tiny but very aggressive bacterium Helicobacter pylori. Settling in the output section of the stomach, this organism actively multiplies and secretes a toxin, provoking the appearance of gastritis, erosions and ulcers.
That’s why when the first symptoms gastritis it is important not to self-medicate, and to be examined by a gastroenterologist.
Herbal medicine to help
1. Flax seeds – 2 parts, rhizome, licorice root – 1 part chamomile flowers – 2 parts lemon balm leaves – 1 part. 6 g collect 250 ml of boiling water, heated in a water bath for 5 minutes, to insist in heat (thermos) for 2 hours, strain. Take 1/2 Cup every 3 hours.
2. The rhizome of the mountaineer snake, Icelandic moss, grass St. John’s wort, peppermint leaves – equally. 8 g collect 300 ml of cold water, to insist 4 hours, to finish to boiling, then to insist in heat (thermos) 1 hour, drain. Take 1/2 Cup every 3 hours.
3. Leaves mother and stepmother, anise fruit, eucalyptus leaves, chamomile flowers, stems gray alder, grass nettle – equally. 10 g collection chop, pour 0.5 liters of boiling water, boil for 3 minutes, to insist in heat (thermos) 4 hours, strain. Take 1 / 2 Cup 5-6 times a day.
4. Oak bark, watch leaves, grass marjoram, lemon grass sage, Linden flowers, grass Heather, grass wormwood ordinary – equally. 10 g collection chop, pour 0.5 liters of boiling water, boil for 3 minutes, to insist in heat (thermos) 4 hours, strain. Take 1 / 2 Cup 5-6 times a day.
5. Infusions of plants take in the background of fasting or in between meals. Usually, a few days patients comes significant improvement, but herbal medicine should continue for 6-8 days after the complete disappearance of symptoms.
© 2017, z-news.link. All rights reserved.