He is not allowed to leave the country, said the lawyer.
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak were released after being detained for nearly six years. 88-year-old ex-President left the military hospital, where he was a large part of the sentence. This was reported by lawyer Farid al-DIB on Friday, March 24.
In early March, 2017 Hosni Mubarak was acquitted under the latter initiated criminal proceedings against him. Last week the Prosecutor’s office has approved the release of the former President who was overthrown in February 2011 as a result of mass popular protests. Against Mubarak is still under investigation for charges of corruption, so he’s not allowed to leave Egypt, said the lawyer.
Since the overthrow in 2011 of Hosni Mubarak took place on a number of criminal cases. In January 2016, the court of appeal confirmed a three-year term of imprisonment for the former President and both his sons on charges of corruption. The time already spent in detention was counted as convicted, so Mubarak’s sons are free.
In early March, 2017 non-guilty verdict ended the last trial against Hosni Mubarak, which the ex-President was accused of involvement in the death in 2011, hundreds of demonstrators sought his resignation. In this case Mubarak in 2012, was initially sentenced to life imprisonment.
© 2017, z-news.link. All rights reserved.