Proper tattoo aftercare is just as important as choosing the right tattooist and the right motif. A reputable master will tell you exactly how to take care of your tattooed skin. You should carefully follow these proven instructions.
Fresh tattoos need special attention so that they heal quickly and do not fade. We’ll tell you what is important in short-term and long-term tattoo aftercare. After you have survived the procedure, you should allow yourself and your body to rest. A professional tattooist, Bini Tattoo, will send you home with a disinfected, creamed and wrapped skin. Here are a few tips for taking care of your fresh tattoo.
Tattoo Aftercare Steps and Tips: Right after tattooing
- When using a cling film: You can remove the film after the first night. Be careful and cut it, if necessary, with scissors on the edge
- The best way to clean your tattoo during the healing phase is to use alcohol-free, fragrance-free baby wipes
- Alternatively, you can wash off the ointment with lukewarm water and a neutral washing lotion. Never use a washcloth for this! The palm of your hand is enough for this. Don’t rub or scratch
- Use a lint-free cloth to dry off. Avoid rubbing, just dab it carefully. Treat your skin with a healing ointment. Do not massage the ointment too vigorously and at the same time do not apply it too thickly, because “more” is not always better
- The tattooed area should either be wiped with wet wipes or washed with ph-neutral washing lotion within the next 5 days in the morning. Then let the skin dry and apply a thin layer of healing cream
- After about 4 days (regular care required), the tattoo begins to look a little fuzzy and scabs will occur. This process is normal since the top layer of the skin has been injured by tattooing like from a sunburn and has to regenerate
What is important to know about the proper tattoo aftercare
It is very important that the tattooed area does not dry out and scabble until the first layer of skin has regenerated (duration approx. 2 weeks). Otherwise, the skin would dry out superficially like a normal graze and the paint would be shed off with the dead skin layers. This must not happen; the skin must remain soft so that the colour can be transferred to new skin cells.
It takes 6 months to heal completely. Up to this point, your skin is sensitive and when exposed to sunlight can easily get a sunburn! Even if you are no longer in pain or feel itchy please follow the instructions below:
- Do not scratch your skin
- Do not take off the cream until the skin has completely regenerated
- Do not allow dirt, dust, friction and the sticking to your clothes
- Avoid sweating until the top layer of the skin is regenerated
Tattoo After care at first 2 weeks:
- Do not expose your fresh tattoo to the Sun
- Avoid heavily chlorinated water or saltwater
- Do not take bath. Only quick and warm showers
- Do not wear tight or heavy clothes
- Do not use body lotions except special healing creams
- Do not use a self-tanner
If you follow these tattoo aftercare instructions, your tattoo will be well preserved and will look great for a long time.
© 2020, z-news.link. All rights reserved.