At all times, Gypsies were treated with suspicion and dislike.
Even if you are not familiar with the culture and customs of the people, you know exactly what they are nomadic people and Gypsies better than anyone can guess. Did you know that the famous Gypsy national costume was invented in the 19th century that the Roma — known pacifists and among the representatives of the people there are scientists, composers, Directors, players, historians, politicians, priests, artists and sculptors? No? Then forward, to knowledge.
1. The worst punishment for any Gypsy is the expulsion from the camp. It is used only under extreme circumstances or after committing serious crimes.
2. Widespread word “lave” in the Russian language appeared from Romani, and it represents, of course, money.
3. If you see a Gypsy earring in one ear, it means that he is the only child in the family. But have you ever ever see a Gypsy woman with short hair? Probably not, as short haircut the representatives of the people means infamy. Hair was cut forcibly exiles or isolated people are still Gypsies are not cut short.
4. Nowadays the Gypsies are in the majority abandon the nomadic way of life, only about 1% of European Roma are still moving from place to place.
5. The most interesting concept in the culture of this people is considered to be called “filth”. The word Roma is the name of the lower part of the female body and I believe that if an adult woman walks in on something, this place will soon become polluted. The same applies to women’s clothing below the belt, shoes, because some Gypsies, mostly living in one-story houses, that they are not “defiled from above.”
6. The most unusual and popular Gypsy dish is fried or baked hedgehog. This is especially a dish like the Polish and Baltic Gypsies. It appeared likely, in the period of life in the forests, in constant persecution of the Roma in the past.
7. During the Gypsy of the holidays to see drunken Gypsy will be extremely difficult.They have not decided to drink a lot at the table, so during the festivities on duty youth, which are not allowed to drink in the presence of elders. Their responsibilities include the prevention of conflicts of all kinds and help those who do not know their measure.
8. Among the Roma is so widespread cult of children that adoption for them is commonplace. In a family where there are children and the guests, according to Gypsy custom, required to carry treats and gifts, but if the child in the guests really liked some thing, it needs to give him. The more Roma woman sold herself as a good mother, the more it is loved, valued and respected in the community. Gypsies, for the most part, profess Christianity or Islam, but there are also representatives of other religions.
9. Things a deceased Gypsy or what he touched before his death, are considered dirty and are buried together with him in the grave. Same story with things mothers: they shall be destroyed. Although it is possible to explain not only the religion of the people, and from the point of view of sanitary conditions.
10. Known to all the lush ruffles Gypsy skirts have a simple explanation of their poor life. Just when the skirt finally wore out, the woman cut it off and sewed scraps from old dresses or pieces of cheap cloth.
11. Many Romani women marry virgins, according to ancient custom, blood-stained sheets show guests after the wedding night. After the wedding, the couple usually live in the house of the groom with his family, and over time move to your own house. Only the youngest son and his wife should remain with their parents to care for them in old age.
12. Scientists believe that the root cause of the strong love of the Gypsy for gold jewelry is insurance against poverty in case of divorce. If the husband gets kicked out and will not give money, earrings and rings will be very useful. Some Gypsies know the basics of hypnosis and use these knowledge in order to enrich and deception, so I advise you not to look them in the eye during a conversation or meeting.
13. In 1944 it was destroyed by a German concentration camp Auschwitz, located on Polish territory. There were a large number of Roma from Eastern Europe. According to conservative estimates in the dungeons of the camps killed nearly 21 thousand Roma, including children, the elderly and women.
14. “Gypsy” is a collective term, such as “Slavs”, “Caucasians”, “the Scandinavians” or “Latino”. Gypsies are a few of dozens of nationalities.
15. In the Middle ages, Gypsies, like Jews, were accused of cannibalism.
16. The famous Gypsy national costume was invented in the 19th century. First it began to wear calderari. National costume Russka Roma was coined by the artists to create more exotic scenic image. Historically Gypsies have always been inclined to wear clothes typical of their country of residence.
17. Gypsies are known pacifists. But they served in the armies and in the armies of Germany, Prussia, Sweden and Russia.
18.Among the Roma there are outstanding scientists, writers, poets, composers, musicians, singers, dancers, actors, filmmakers, boxers (including Champions), the players, historians, politicians, priests, missionaries, artists and sculptors.
One more well-known, such as mariska Veres, ion Voicu, Janos Bihari, JEM Mace, MATEO Maximov, Yul Brynner, directed by Tony gatlif, Bob Hoskins, Nicholas Slichenko, Django Reinhardt, Bireli Lagren, others less, but can also boast significant contributions in the Gypsy culture.
© 2017, paradox. All rights reserved.