Here the winter looks amazing.
Landscape photos on a winter trip to South Karelia.
Photography and text by Peter Kosyh
1. Winter road is shiny smooth ice coasting, steep rocks are towering on both sides, slender Christmas trees in winter attire Ryadno lined up along the curb, in the street bitter frost.
2. Orange January sun trying to break through the thick haze of ugly clouds.
3. The temperature is below -20 degrees is not a reason to sit at home and idly watching TV.
4. You know the song: “forests on the edge, winter lived in the hut…”? It’s about this fabulous house, which is hidden near the road on the border of 47 and 10 in the region. Photo, like, nothing special, but some in winter warm and cozy. Couldn’t pass by such beauty.
5. Turn ahead to the village Asilan.
6. Get out of the car to the accompaniment of a dog howling and the noise of falling water threshold river Silenieki.
7. Once upon a time there was a Finnish mill, and now the Russians are the cottages. Beautiful place!
8. I am in Karelia in summer and autumn, in winter, there was a time, as in previous years tried to drive in Finland.
9. But I must admit that the Russian Karelia, from Karelia, a Finnish beauty, and if different, only better.
10. To our left the only service to tighten and the ratio quality-price.
11. In the last century these territories belonged to our neighbors, and their former farm, badly battered by life, can be found now all over the road.
12. The morning came, the people woke up long ago, has activated and the furnace heating in homes. Towns began to smoke for miles.
13. Procession of St. Petersburg bus carries tourists on a visit to Santa Claus, who arrived in the town of Veliky Ustyug.
14. The centre of Sortavala unusual ornate and crowded. But I have no desire to take part in the festivities.
15. Making a detour towards the river Janisjoki, I went to the waterfalls of the river tokhmayoki.
16. Almost all of them froze, but the less beautiful, not steel.
18. This waterfall Ahvenkoski. Often I drove by and almost always stopped, so I’ll show you a series of seasons:) Winter:
22. On the farm of “tree” shivering in the twilight, grazing horses.
23. Nearby Gasowski waterfall.
24. Just upstream there is a small threshold, which in the winter, “fried” fried eggs. Yellow pancakes are formed on the rocks and then slides into a small Creek.
25. So I drove to Ruskeala, which is now visited by stimulirovanie a day. And after some 10 years ago, it was still wildly.
26. Winter here is not so interesting: a beautiful marble pattern that is partially hidden under the snow, the emerald green of the water is frozen, so it’s time to move back.
28. On the way made a little stop on the river Vuoksi in Leningrad oblast, which in the cold steamed like boiling water.
© 2016, z-news.link. All rights reserved.