This does not necessarily have air conditioning
When the outside temperature rises to 30 degrees Celsius, and even higher, our homes begin to think of the fiery furnace. In the cold we are heaters, warm clothes and even warmer door help. But what about in the heat?
On hot days to be in these areas becomes very difficult. Fortunately, there are ways in which you will be able to cool the apartment, and it’s not due to the purchase of expensive air conditioning.
1. First, you need to limit the access of sunlight into the room, that is, to obscure all the Windows with curtains or blinds. Particularly well can handle blinds with a special coating that reflects sunlight, but ordinary blackout curtains in light colours are perfect for protecting the apartment from the heat.
2. If possible, you need to unplug all electrical appliances, except the refrigerator, of course, because they produce additional heat.
3. Well ventilate the apartment, but only at night when the temperature outside is lower than in the apartment. Cold air will cool the walls and allow you to preserve a pleasant temperature inside.
4. Turn on the fan. It’s fast and, most importantly, cheap way to cool the room. Although, actually, the fan does not cool the air, such as air conditioning, but resulting in the movement of air it creates the so-called “controlled draft.” Even warm, but the circulating air has a cooling effect. However, remember that you don’t have to sit right at the fan, under the air jet, because this can lead to diseases of the ears and throat.
5. When the heat in the apartment becomes unbearable, fill the bathtub with cold water, and the door to the bathroom, leave open. The water is perfectly absorbs heat and cools the air. A big difference of temperature in the area will lead to the fact that will act convection.
6. Heat is usually always accompanied by very hot air. But it is only to wash clothes, and the dryer with wet Laundry to place in the middle of the room, and then, through evaporation, the air will be cooled. If you find such a prospect does not seem good, put a bowl of ice water (and even better with ice) right in front of the fan.
7. Do not open Windows during the day! A during the heat, open the Windows to ventilate the room. This is a mistake! Hot air will not only cool your home but rather heats it. Leaving in the morning, close all Windows and draw the curtains. After returning home, your apartment will be much cooler.
8. Wash your hands in cold water. This will not only bring you a sense of relief and little to cool the body, but remaining in the pipes, cold water will not heat, unlike hot your apartment.
9. In the evening you still hot? Remember that normal bulbs produce a lot of heat. Of course we do not insist that you were sitting in the dark. Just wanted to advise to replace traditional light bulbs for fluorescent or led, which, moreover, are energy-saving, not emit heat.
10. Do not cook in the heat! In 30-degree weather the thought of cooking horrifying. So give up cooking on a gas stove or in the oven in the heat will not be difficult. In this weather, as a rule, the appetite is reduced and so, therefore, it is best to make yourself a vegetable or fruit salad, which also hydrates the body quickly loses heat so necessary for life moisture.
© 2017, paradox. All rights reserved.