In London continues the 16-th world championship in athletics.
Pole Paul Fidak became the first triple world champion in the hammer throw. Along the way 28-year-old athlete set a record: with result 79,81 meter FIDIC became the first world champion, who failed to throw a projectile over 80 meters.
Daphne Schippers defended the status of world champion in run on 200 metres. Dutch just 0.03 seconds spared Marie-josé TA Lou, who broke the national record. Shippers became the third athlete after Merlin Otti and Allyson Felix, who managed two Championships in a row to win the 200m.
Brittney Reese in the long jump won the fourth of the last five world Championships. American women in 2009 dominated in the discipline. Victory Reese brought the third jump 7 meters and 2 centimeters. Only two centimeters from Reese behind Russian Daria Klishina and bronze in a last attempt to snatch the Olympic champion Rio Tianna Bartoletta.
1. Paul Fidec (Poland) – 79,81 meter
2. Valery Pronkin (Russia) Is 78,16
3. Wojciech Nowicki (Poland) – 78,03
3000 meters steeplechase
1. Emma Coburn (USA) — 9.02,58
2. Courtney Frerichs (USA) — 9.03,77
3. Given Jepkemoi (Kenya) — 9.04,03
1. Daphne Schippers (The Netherlands) – Of 22.05
2. Marie-josé TA Lou (côte d’ivoire) – 22,08
3. Sean Miller-Weebo (Bahamas) – 22,15
1. Britney Reese (United States) – of 7.02 meters
2. Darya Klishina (Russia) – 7,00
3. Tianna Bartoletta (USA) – 6,97
Ukrainian high jumper Bohdan Bondarenko has achieved the qualifying standard (about 2.31 meters). The finals in this discipline will be held on Sunday, 13th August.
© 2017, z-news.link. All rights reserved.