And the USSR also had beautiful clothes.
In April 1944, two months after the liberation of Leningrad from the siege, on Nevsky prospect was opened the first in the Soviet Union fashion House (LDMO, subsequently the Fashion house “Nevskiy prospect”).
It is located at number 21, built in 1911-12. under the project of architect M. S. Lyalevich to store company furs and fur products F. L. Mertens, bigpicture reports.
Designers and master LDMO created patterns and pilot samples of clothing, including accessories for the Soviet garment factories. A collection of House models was shown not only in the Soviet Union, but also abroad.
See also: lives the youngest Queen in the world. Photo
In 2000 the building was given back its historical name – “Fashion house Mertens”.
© 2017 – 2019, paradox. All rights reserved.