On-site national Park
In Skadovsk district of Kherson region – on the island Dzharylgach, which is the most deserted island in the territory of Ukraine and the Black sea, will expand the territory there is located the National natural Park “Dzharylgach” and restore installed a lighthouse on the island that has the status of a monument of culture.
About it reports a press-service of the Kherson regional state administration.
“On 4 December the head of the Kherson regional state administration Andrey Gordeev met with the Deputy Minister of ecology and natural resources of Ukraine Vasyl Polujko. Basil Polujko informed the head of Kherson about the prospective investment projects that are planned for 2019: financing recovery Dzharylgach lighthouse (skadovs’kyi district), as well as the expansion project of NPP “Dzharylgach” by transfer of the territory of state enterprise “Kherson forest and hunting economy”, – stated in the message.
Polujko also said that the Ministry of ecology and natural resources of Ukraine will Finance the construction on the territory of SE “Kherson forest and hunting farm” enclosures where relocated animals that were brought to the island people still live there.
During the working meeting were discussed issues of expansion of territory located in the Kherson region of the National nature Park “Oleshkivski Sands” and the establishment of the National natural Park “the marble cave”.
Dzharylgach island is the most deserted island in the territory of Ukraine and the Black sea. Its area is 62 sq. km, length – 42 km, Maximum width of 4.8 km, On the territory of the island is Dzharylgach national Park, established in 2009. In addition to the Islands, this national Park also includes the waters of Dzharylgach Bay surrounding the island, and in accordance with the Ramsar Convention has the status of a wetland of international importance with a special protection regime.
Dzharylgach lighthouse is located in the Eastern part of the island Dzharylgach. It was built in 1900 (according to other sources – 1902), and now has the status of a cultural monument. The total height of the lighthouse is 24.4 m. Its metal frame and technical equipment manufactured in Paris. There is a theory that openwork metal frame of the lighthouse and its required device was designed by the famous French architect Alexandre Gustave Eiffel, the author of the Eiffel tower. According to others, the lighthouse was made by one of the students of Eiffel. In 1997, 50 metres from Dzharylgach lighthouse was built a new 24-meter high lighthouse.
© 2018, z-news.link. All rights reserved.