Located in Romania the famous bran castle is for sale.
The medieval building, which his appearance inspired Bram Stoker to write the famous novel, Dracula, will be replaced by the owner provided that he did not change the spirit and character of the use of the famous real estate.
1. The castle is situated among woods, on the white rocks. Its construction began in 1377 and was finished 11 years later. The building has 57 rooms and covers an area of 22 acres.
2. Now the castle houses a historical Museum. It is believed that every year it is visited by about 500 thousand tourists.
3. In 1920, the castle was donated to the Romanian Queen Marie of Coburg, and since then has served as a summer residence. In may 2006, the castle was returned to Dominic of Habsburg, an architect from North Salem, NY, the son of Princess Ileana.
4. A few years ago Habsburg, heir of the Romanian monarchs wanted to sell the castle to the state. Then he requested price of 80 million dollars, but this proposal has not provoked the interest of the Romanian authorities.
5. Now, several years later, it is considered that the property could cost approximately $ 130 million, although the official price has not been named.
6. It is interesting that there is no direct evidence that the author of the famous novel “Dracula” the Irish writer Bram Stoker, personally poseschal bran castle.
7. In all likelihood, he was inspired by similar types of lock available with photos and pictures.
© 2016, z-news.link. All rights reserved.