The famous Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi in the Netherlands won the 114-th race in career.
At the start of the race the surprise winner of the qualification Joao Zarco kept the lead, but soon the Frenchman collided with Rossi and finally fell out of the group of riders fighting for the top spots.
The new leader of the Grand Prix of the Netherlands was Rossi. While the Italian ran in circles on the first line, his teammate Maverick viñales lost control of the motorcycle and the second time in the season dropping out of the race.
The only competitor of Russia in the struggle for the victory in Assen became the driver of “Octo Pramac Racing” Danilo Petrucci. Four laps to go, Petrucci, Rossi walked, but soon lost the lead and could not beat a titled compatriot.
1. Valentino Rossi (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP) — 41:41,149
2. Danilo Petrucci (Octo Pramac Racing) +0,063
3. Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) +5,201
4. Cal Crutchlow (LCR Honda) +5,243
5. Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) +5,327
6. Jack Miller (Team EG 0,0 Marc VDS) +23,390
7. Karel Abraham (Aspar) +36,982
8. Loris BA (Reale Avintia Racing) +37,058
9. Andrea Iannone (Team Suzuki ECSTAR) +37,166
10. Alex Espargaro (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini) +1:01,929
Problems Viñales have used Andrea Dovizioso (115 points), who became the new leader of the championship. Viñales is behind by four points, and Rossi is due to debut win of the season back in top-3 (108 points).
© 2017, paradox. All rights reserved.