In a statement, the White house said that the United States strongly condemn attack near Mogadishu.
The terrorist attack in Somalia has killed more than 50 and injured more than 100 people — these are the figures given in the press release, the White house condemning the attack.
Earlier, Reuters reported, citing the police on 29 victims.
“The United States strongly condemns terrorist attack near Mogadishu in Somalia, which killed more than 50 people and more than 100 were injured”, — said the representative of the national security Council the White house, Ned Price.
According to him, the United States supports Somalia in the critical election period, condolences to the victims and their families. “We will continue to support Somalia and regional efforts to combat terrorism and extremism”, — said the representative of the White house.
Responsibility for the detonation of a car bomb in Somalia has taken the radical Islamist group “Al-Shabab”. One of its representatives said that the explosion was aimed at the police, and the aim of the campaign was to disrupt the parliamentary elections in the country, reported Reuters.
Earlier, Somali politicians said that December 22 will be selected by the speaker of the new Parliament, and then formed, Parliament would choose the head of state on December 28. Presidential elections in Somalia had been postponed three times.
© 2016, z-news.link. All rights reserved.