He stood in the garage for half a century.
In the garage on the territory of one of the farms in Illinois have found a rare car — a two-door Marmon Model L, 1927.
Collectors of classic cars and members of the Marmon club owners believe that this is the last remaining instance of the model.
Found the car stood in a garage for over 50 years. Previously, he belonged to the Kent Cherpeski fan of the brand. Also in his collection was the Marmon 34, made the company known among wealthy buyers.
The sedan Model L was considered the entry-level model, but they cost four times more expensive than the Ford Model T. the Car was equipped with inline eight-cylinder engine producing 24 horsepower.
In the early 20-ies of the last century, the Marmon Motor Car Co. competing with manufacturers such as Cadillac, Pierce-Arrow and Packard. In 1929, the brand has released the first car row “eight”, which cost less than a thousand dollars. However, due to the outbreak of the “great depression” sales start to plummet.
The owner of the company Howard Marmon began work on a new model, which was to receive the world’s first V16 engine. This car Marmon Sixteen, appeared in 1931. It was equipped with an 8.0-liter engine capacity of 203 horsepower.
In the history of the automobile Marmon entered as the first company which install the mirrors and using aluminum in engine design.
© 2017, z-news.link. All rights reserved.