In Ingushetia have blocked concrete blocks the road to the Republic’s capital Magas. The city has also pulled additional orders Regardie and, according to some, cut off the Internet. Such measures have been taken due to announced on September 26 rally against the transfer of Ingush lands of Chechnya.
The capital of Ingushetia Magas block the Internet off. This is due to the announced gathering of residents of Ingushetia, who announced at 11 a.m. today at the entrance to Magas.
The third unknown force is trying to destroy our Republic. We , frankly, have not seen, but last night two evorovsky official said that it is…
At the end of August it became known that the Chechen public utilities began to build a road on the territory of Ingushetia. It lay in the forest in the Sunzha district of Ingushetia, under the guard of Chechen security forces. The Ingush authorities say they were not warned about the beginning of works.
It was also reported that Chechen authorities had attempted to organize a police post near the village Arshty the Sunzha district of Ingushetia, two kilometers from the Chechen-Ingush border. While in Grozny claimed that the work conducted on the territory of Chechnya.
On Tuesday, September 25, activists and residents of the Sunzha district of Ingushetia, came to the people’s Assembly near the building of the district administration, after news of the resignation of the current head of district Issa Hashagulgov. Activists have linked this decision with the possible transfer of part of the area of the Sunzha district of Chechnya, and demanded an explanation from the officials.
The acting head of the district Magomed Dzeitov, employee of the local administration Beslan Tsechoev and resign Issa Khashagulgov explained to the audience that they know nothing about a possible transfer of land and added that this issue is outside their jurisdiction.
After gathering the participants announced a new rally for Wednesday, October 26, at 11.00. There were also reports of arrests of several activists.
In the morning of 26 September, the management of the Affairs of Ingushetia reminded about the responsibility for the organization and participation in unauthorized actions.
“The interior Ministry of the Republic of Ingushetia reminds residents of the region about the responsibility provided by law for the organizers and participants of unauthorized rallies, marches and pickets. The actions of the individuals trying to attempt to conduct mass events will be prevented. Organizers and participants will be brought to responsibility established by law,” — said in a press release on the Ministry’s website.
The Prime Minister of Ingushetia, Yevloyev Zalimhan urged local residents “to remain calm, prudence and not to lose trust in each other.”
According to the Telegram channel “Ингушетия_2018”, in Magas in the morning the road was blocked by the military, but the protesters left their cars on the road and walked to the gathering place. Later in the same Telegram the channel information on the first arrests in Magas with the use of batons. The action was attended by about 300 people.
Photos from the gathering of people in the capital of Ingushetia Magas.
I’ve just gotten word that tomorrow’s meeting of the Parliament of Ingushetia, where it was planned to approve the agreement to transfer the land to the Chechen Republic, is cancelled. The government made concessions in connection with the rally in the area market Magas!
Secretaries of the Parliament called on all officials and announced that the meeting was postponed indefinitely.
We closely monitor all incoming information.
According to the community in a social network “Vkontakte” The Magas Times, is scheduled for September 27 meeting of the Parliament of Ingushetia, which was planned to approve the agreement to transfer the land to the Chechen Republic, is cancelled.
However, on 26 September, the head of Ingushetia Yunus-Bek Yevkurov and the head of Chechnya, Ramzan Kadyrov, signed an agreement about establishment of borders between subjects. According to the document, the Republic exchanged the uninhabited territories of the Nadterechny district of the Chechen Republic and the Malgobek district of Ingushetia.
How it all began
- The question of the definition of the administrative border line between Chechnya and Ingushetia is intermittent since the early 90-ies of XX century, when the two republics were divided after the coming to power of Dudayev.
- Formally modern border between the republics considered the boundary of 1934, however, due to existing territorial disputes, its demarcation is still not done. In Grozny believe that until 1934 the Sunzha and Malgobek districts that are now part of Ingushetia, Chechnya belonged to.
- In 1993, the head of Chechnya, Dzhokhar Dudaev, and Ingush President Ruslan Aushev signed an agreement under which the Sunzha district, with the exception of two settlements, went to Ingushetia.
- At the end of January 2013, Ramzan Kadyrov, signed a law which involve the transition of some settlements of the Sunzha district of Ingushetia, in the Chechen Republic. In March of the same year he requested that in the Sunzha district of Chechnya settlement Arshty, which currently applies to Ingushetia.
- In early September, 2018, Ramzan Kadyrov, signed a decree creating a state Commission to clarify the administrative border of Chechnya. The Commission was chaired by the speaker of the Republican Parliament Magomed Daudov.
- Disputed territory is not currently occupied. It are mainly historical buildings.
© 2018, z-news.link. All rights reserved.