The future is here.
This concept was developed by IKEA in conjunction with the design firm IDEO London and students focused on “social, technological, and demographic factors that will influence our behaviour around food in 2025”.
1. Welcome to the year 2025. It will look like a modern kitchen.
2. Don’t know what to do with that tomato that’s about to go bad? Place it on the table to get a quick and easy recipe. The aim in this case is to reduce food waste.
3. The recipe is shown above the table, so you can leave your iPad on the couch.
4. For residents of small apartments, the table replaces the stove. Hidden in it an induction coil heated products inside the pots and pans and not the surface of utensils. Thanks to this table can be used for work and for cooking and for eating.
5. Meanwhile the cupboard for the future allows you to store chilled foods in sight. Thus you are spared from having to constantly open the fridge door.
6. Products are stored in transparent containers, the internal temperature can be adjusted using the built-in shelf induction cooling technology.
7. This piece of fish is inside the container labeled “2 degrees Celsius”. The regiment will maintain this temperature until, until you decide to cook a fish dish.
8. Water system offers a more responsible approach to the use of water. It has two sinks: one for contaminated “black water” that is discharged into the sewer and greywater, which is reused in the dishwasher, or for watering plants.
9. Special disposal system forces us to watch what we throw away. Hand-sorted trash is compressed, sealed and labeled.
© 2017, paradox. All rights reserved.